Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of Uwe

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Uwe

Unread postby feefun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 am

Dear Friends,
This is a story when I met a scammer who use Uwe’s picture in Skype

On Dec 13 last week, a man called Harry Johnson (Skype account harry.johnson140) wanted to be my friend. Without hesitation, I accepted him directly. He said that he is 52 years old (October 4, 1960), divorced, a marine engineer, lives in Miami, Fl. He has 1 daughter named Lisa who is schooling in Clear Water, Fl. He works as a drilling engineer for KCA Deutag and assigned to a drilling project in Aberdeen (in offshore site) UK. It was a nice conversation and I thought he was a very nice person. At the end of chat, he asked my nickname and I let him know. He also said that he found me in Skype because of my profile picture (strange, my setting in Skype will not allow stranger to see my profile picture).

On Dec 15, we met again in Skype. We exchanged our picture and I found that the man on the picture is very handsome. We tried to connect via webcam, but I saw him for about 3 second. He said that the regulation in his company doesn’t allow him to use webcam due to security reason. Since I’m special to him, he will let me see him, but not for longtime. Wd even can’t talk because he has no microphone. Strange, his camera was not shoot him from front side but from left side so I couldn’t see his face, but he looks like the one in the picture. I started t believe that he is not a scammer. He started to praise me and said he loves me and he wants to marry me. His assignment in Aberdeen will be finished on January 19 and he plans to visit me. Very quick, he said that he will marry me, convert to my religion, buy a house and spend the rest of his life with me. Everything looks so beautiful at that time but I also felt that this is too good to be true. He also plan that he will not working with the company. He plans to run a gold business. He strangely asked my nickname again.

On Dec 17 in the morning, he kept on praising me and said a lot of beautiful things about me, and left a message that he has 10 KG of alluvial gold that is worth USD 700.000 and he is waiting for this package (which I don’t buy it). Another mistake happens when he wrote: I think I am very close to her. When I asked him if he chat with another person, he suddenly said no. 10 hours later, we continued to chat and he asked me to turn on my webcam so he can see my face although I can’t see his face. He continued to say nice things about me and asked me to show him some parts of my body. I refused to do what he wanted, and the more he asked, the more I refused. And I think I made him very curious that night. Thanks God that I refused him, I believe he could record it and use it for blackmailing me. But again, he made a mistake because he said that I look like his late wife. I suddenly asked him why he told me that he was divorced 3 years ago. And he started to get panic. He apologized and again praised me. He also asked me to add his daughter Lisa (Skype account: lisa.harry86) to my Skype contact. And I did it

And on Dec 18, with a webcam turn on at my side, we chat again. 15 minutes before he was online, I chat with Lisa. Only 5 minutes chat, Lisa wants to call me mom (Weird???) and I let her to call me mom. Lisa’s profile picture is also suspicious. She doesn’t look like Harry, at all. When I was with Harry, again, he praised me and said too many love for me (which made me sick at the end). And this is when he did his job. He said that he just received Lisa’s email and ask him USD 800 for Xmas shopping. That’s when I found out that that he is a scammer. He said he is very sad, he can’t send the money from offshore). Although he did not ask me to wire the money, I believe he tried hard to come to that point. He could not even say anything, because I kept silence and only said that I could not help Lisa, because USD 800 is too much for 19 years old girl to spend on Xmas shopping. Then I decided to end this conversation by asking him to cut this relationship. He asked me the reason and I asked him to figure out. He said his hart is broken then I went offline and block him (and also Lisa). Luckily, I survived from the scammer’s trap.

Be careful with this scammer, he’s very nice to woman. He also set trap to make us follow what he wanted. When you in a relation with someone from internet, you must check the consistency of his stories as well. Again use your mind to assess the situation.
Thanks

feefun
New survivor

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Uwe

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 am

Harry Johnson
Skype account: harry.johnson140
Miami (Florida) USA
Birthday: October 4, 1960
Age 52
Male
English
No profile picture in Skype.

"I am Harry John,i love my life the way i live it. It makes me feel free in everything,i am a outgoing man love chilling for all time,life is too short so i love enjoying myself with friends.."

=
Daughter Lisa

Lisa Harry .J.
Skype account: lisa.harry86
BD: January 4, 1993
Age 19
Female
English
Miami Florida USA
No profile picture.

"I hate liars"

--
feefun,
Welcome to SS and I'm sorry that you ran into this scammer. :(

Romance Scammers usually target their victims specifically, and not from random hits
on Skype or messengers. Are you a member of some Social website, lie FaceBook, net log,
MySpace, or any Dating sites? Is your Skype name posted anywhere online on one of these?
Or perhaps in a business directory or work website? If so, you may want to consider removing the skype information there, and any close personal real life details that scammers look at to find vulnerable victims. Especially targeted are recent death or divorce in the family, "lonely" messages posted, disabled, recently retired, etc.

Do you have any more details to post here?

Email address is most important of all. It can lead to many other profiles of the scammer. Do you have any emails from him to post?
A Phone number?
Every detail can be important.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

perry_smith5542@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 pm

On net log,

hello xxx..this is smith..hi

how are you doing dear?
am smith.i just sign on to this site and found your profile to be intresting to me...drop a line next time you come on..so we can chart..byee

nice to meet you too xxx..is unfortunate that anytime i sign in you appear to be offline...you can drop a line in my mail..perry_smith5542@yahoo.com..so we get to know each other..byeee and have a nice day...

hello dear..hope you are good..have been looking forward to see you online so we chart..drop aline so i know when i can meet you on here so we chart....byeeeee

Profile elements:

perry_smith55
male - 58 years, Ghana
Active since since 28 December 2012.

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Perry Smith <perry_smith5542@yahoo.com>

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Email:

Hello My Dear Charming,
I am a warm,affectionate,romantic,confident,fun,active,kind at heart,respectful, and knows how to treat a woman right,am looking for a very long term relationship with a charming ,loving and sincere woman to share and spend the rest of my life with.I have an amazing, very nice, sweet,fun,thoughtful,down-to-earth personality.though am looking for a woman to be with,i think first we must be able to build on a good and strong foundation as friends as that is the basis of every trusted and long term relationship.i am looking for a committed relationship with that special woman who will be committed to a long term relationship after spending time to get to know more about each other as to share ideas and thoughts together and also to share the up and downs in life with,a woman that would also be supportive,caring,loving and understanding at all times above all she should be honest.i am a shoulder that you can lean on and also give you all the warmth and comfort that a man may need in a relationship.I enjoy being around positive people and love to make people laugh.
About my family,i am the only child of my parents,I lost my father and mother at a very tender age,my father died when I was at the age of 5 and i lost my mother at the age of 7 ,so i was taken care of by this good friend of my father as she has been my mother,father,brother and sister and also gave me the best education that a child could ask of.i was very sad with the loss of my dad but this woman by name Mrs.Carol been the best friend to my father, took good care of me and also gave me all the care and love that i needed and she had one son, so she took me as her own child and treated me the way she does to her son.i was very happy but sometimes when thoughts of the loss of my parents run through my mind ,i feel sad because they mean everything to me and were very close to my heart.Life can sometimes be bad but we have to get hope and also have positive thoughts and also get through every difficulty to be able to get our aim in life.i have lived in US all my life as that is where i had my education and also had my first marriage.i really had a good education and also studied hard to make my marks in life and also in education which i did by the help of God been my guide and protector.I have a dual citizenship as my mother was a Canadian and my father was an American.
When i was so happy been young as i did a lot of things that i wish i could still do them but you know time and life waits for no one,I have many wonderful childhood memories, many of them revolve around neighbors get together or traditions as well as family gatherings. Sunday gatherings at Mrs.Carol's house with my friends,playing video games in the sitting room with my friends,watching good movies, playing games in the yard with my friends. All of us going to the lake to swim on Sunday afternoon. Sunday afternoon Scrabble matches, 6 or 8 of us gathered around a card table putting a jigsaw puzzle together, playing cards or board games. Christmas gatherings,Simply spending time together talking and laughing.School band trips, summer camp, other school activities,volleyball, soccer.Sleepovers at friends houses and just enjoying the great outdoors and all Mother Nature has to offer during other weekends,Mrs.Carol takes me to the beach,and also try to teach me the bad and good things in life and how to work through them and also not been dependent on others.she gave me all the advise that a child could ask of so i will use that as am growing up and also to use it in life at all times.we do take long walks along the shores of the beach and also sprinkle the water on each other,we shared so much and did enjoy every activity that we did together.sometimes i do spend quiet time reading and also thinking of when am going to become an adult,have my family and also treat them well..smile..but these things all came to pass and am so happy about my life been a success.
My marriage was a very bad one and i did regret knowing that woman...from the very first beginning she proved to me that she was what i needed in life but after a few years she started behaving in a different manner that i never liked,she lied and also deceived me ,she was not honest to me and i had to seek a divorce,after seeking for that on our way home we had an accident and i lost her...i lost hope in women but i came to realize that life is what you make of it and life still goes on,so i decided to join the dating scene and try it out ,if i may have any luck,i have been single for 10 years and it has been good as am independent and with this i do miss a lot of things in a relationship,like cuddling,kissing,holding hands and spending special time together,and am looking forward to that...
Let me tell you more about my job as am into Export Business,i am self employed and work from home and also have my office in my house....In short i will say i am a contract manager ..And i also have a cars and motors and many precious goods shop....i sell and its auto parties s in large quantities and also to different companies in other cities and countries as well.i do enjoy my work so much and also i get to travel with it and also get to meet new people as well as visit interesting places.i can work in any country of my choice if i decide to relocate to another country,so with the distance between us it should not be a problem,as i want to spend and live my life in any country where i find the woman that i love.as the saying goes,love knows no boundaries....Love is not about distance and all that matters is the heart and the love that goes through the two heart and how both are committed in the relationship....
I love life to the fullest and above all,I am a big believer in romance a great way to keep the spark in a relationship alive and I make a woman feel special.So,if you like flowers, holding hands and walking along the beach at sunset, sharing our thoughts and feelings about our relationship and work to make things not just OK not just good but absolutely spectacular then am that gentle and caring man that you need.i love the outdoors,love the beach,love to see interesting places,camping,enjoy children,nature,i also love tennis,golf,running and taking long walks.I enjoy the city, mountains,desert,coast, in all types of weather.also really enjoy movies,comedy,museums,theater.
I am also a good listener and will give you the attention and respect that you deserve, I also like to travel,sometimes for a weekend getaway, other times for bigger trips.i hope to hear from you soon and also to tell me about your family,yourself,your life,what you do and your interest and goals in the future,i know you have answered some of the questions above but all the same you can ignore the ones that you have told me about,i want to really have a good and committed communication with you as i would love us talk more on the yahoo or skype always and also see what we can develop out of what we have started as friends.Hope to hear from you soon....i hope to talk to you soon and also learn more about each other as i do enjoy talking to you so much.

Yours loving,

Perry Smith..

+ other 3 pictures already reported here.

Header:

Received: from [41.215.160.192]
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.129.483
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:10:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: All you have to know about me for now

Originating IP: 41.215.160.192
Originating ISP: Millicom Ghana Limited
City: Accra
Country of Origin: Ghana
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

john.miller231@yahoo.com skype freakmist25

Unread postby sjm12 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 am

This person is currently going by John Miller. He contacted me on OK Cupid just before Thanksgiving. After messaging on yahoo for a week, he wanted me to delete my profile from the dating site saying he didn't want me to talk to anyone else. He also wanted to use SKYPE. He could only video chat for less than a minute and he also said for some reason his microphone was not working. His SKYPE forwarding phone number has a Miami, Florida location.
He said he has his own company selling crude product and this past week he had to go to China because of a contract problem. On Dec 15th, he IM'd on yahoo asking for $650.00 for an attorney in Florida that he was unable to pay since he is in China. I instantly knew he was a scammer and I had gone off line but went back on and continued the conversation.
He did contact me again a few days later by IM and said someone owed him money in Texas and they would send me $8,000 so I could put that in my bank then send the attorney in FL. (I am not sure why but he asked if a banked with Zion bank for which I have never heard of) I told him I was not comfortable with that and to ask his Father or son to do this for him. He has not contacted me since then.
He is using two phone numbers with California area codes, both are internet numbers. He calls me and talks to me with a heavy accent. He said he is from Berlin, Germany and moved to California when he was 18. He gave Crystal Lake, Illinois as his place of residence. His story is that he has one son that is 21 by the name of Micheal.
Before he asked me for money, he sent me flowers and the card read that he would do anything for me. I am sure a precursor to asking me for money.

John Miller <john.miller231@yahoo.com>;

Received from [41.203.67.51] by web121105 mail ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP. Wed.05Dec 2012 06:59.05 PST
IP Tracker and IP Tracer for 41.203.67.51
IP Country Name: Nigeria
IP Country Capital: Abuja
IP Language: English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Languages of Nigeria

SKYPE Name: freakmist25
forwarding phone # 17864537896

other phone#'s
----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:40 AM
Subject: Re: You Mean a lot to Me

Good morning.. thanks.. the distance will not be a barrier to this i promise.. i will make it up to you. am sorry i was not able to come online last night.. i came home very late. i hope to we can chat today... i hope to hear from you soon.. stay well

john

Here is a saved IM conversation from yahoo messenger

IM Dec 15 9:53 PM

Dec 15 9:29 PM
John Miller:please help me fix this with the arttoney in florida
Dec 15 9:30 PM
John Miller:i can figure things with with her from here
Dec 15 9:30 PM
John Miller:you understand
Dec 15 9:31 PM
John Miller:i will really appreciate this if you can help me do this...
Dec 15 9:31 PM
XXX:what is it that you want me to do?
Dec 15 9:32 PM
John Miller:she has requested for about $650 for to process the pappers ans send them over to me. but i can's get the money to her from here.. i will be glad if you can help me fix this. i will give it back as soon as i arrive home
Dec 15 9:34 PM
John Miller:what do you think? will you be able to help me here
Dec 15 9:36 PM
John Miller:you there?
Dec 15 9:40 PM
John Miller:did you go offline
Dec 15 9:43 PM
XXXt:I'm sorry, I am back
Dec 15 9:43 PM
XXX:now, what were you saying?
Dec 15 9:44 PM
John Miller:where did you go?
XXX:for some reason I was taken off line from messenger
John Miller:ok
Dec 15 9:45 PM
John Miller:miss you
Dec 15 9:45 PM
XXX:miss you too
Dec 15 9:46 PM
John Miller:i was saying if you could help me fix things out with the arttoney inj florida that is procesing the document.. please read back
Dec 15 9:47 PM
XXX:so, how do you suggest I help? Are you saying you want me to use your account and call them?
Dec 15 9:48 PM
John Miller:she is an individual... she has requested for just 650
Dec 15 9:49 PM
John Miller:but i can't get it to her from here. she is going to send this document over to me if she get's the money by tomorrow
Dec 15 9:50 PM
XXX:yes and I need your money to do this :)
John Miller:but too sudden an time is not by my side. i was saying if you could help me send the money to her then am going to refund when i arrive
XXX:when will you wire me the money?
John Miller:as soon as i arrive
Dec 15 9:51 PM
John Miller:if you can't do this i will understand..ok
Dec 15 9:52 PM
XXX:John...I am sorry. You chose someone to talk to that does not have money.
Dec 15 9:53 PM
John Miller:i did not choose you to talk to because of money sweetie

Currently on: OK Cupid

user name: milkheart
52 / M / Straight / Single
Crystal Lake, Illinois

85% Match 68% Friend 19% Enemy
His Details
Last Online December 27, 2012
Ethnicity White
Height 5′ 11″ (1.80m).
Body Type Average
Smokes No
Drinks Socially
Education Graduated from college/university
Income $80,000–$100,000
Offspring Has a kid, but doesn’t want more
Speaks English
My self-summary
I'm funny and serious, spontaneous and logical, passionate and philosophical. I'm loyal but not naive, open-hearted and trustworthy. I'm someone who tends to listen first, ask questions and get to know you before I tend to say much about myself. But I will wear my heart on my sleeve and speak from the depths of my being when it's important to share from that level. And of course there's just good conversation, which I definitely enjoy a great deal. I'm genuinely interested in people and what is important to them. I'm fascinated by other cultures than my own and how people live and work in their normal societies. I've traveled a lot and met people from diverse background and found I can get along with people fine.I'm flexible and adaptable. I love life and learning. I'll try new things, but I'm not caught up by fads. I understand we all want to be happy, but that there's lots of confusion about how that happens. I care about finding clarity, and if I can help bring it forth, I'm willing and interested. I am self-sufficient, but I truly value and thrive when working and playing and giving and sharing with others. I'm a very loving, extremly patient, loyal, romantic, mature, gentle, sound minded, educated, protective, communicative, attentive, outgoing, self assured, & playful one woman man who knows who he is & what he wants.I've learned to find the best in anything. I can dress up or down depending on the situation. I'm happy with myself & where I am in life. I'm easy going & mold right into any situation or circumstance. My talents & hobbies are many (very versatile). I love to sing and play my classical guitar (or many other instruments I play). I love most types of music, but not all. I love the outdoors, animals, the beach, sunsets, nature, Hunting, Photography, History, rainstorms, cuddling, being playful, dinning out or in, sharing, beach & park walks, old movies or new, traveling, the snow, the sound of a train late at night, camping, old cars, old friends, learning, listening to many different types of music(except punk, rap, heavy metal, acid rock or anything like these), meteorite showers, arts and crafts, and so very much more.

sjm12
New survivor

john.miller231@yahoo.com skype freakmist25

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 pm

freakmist25 skype avatar picture.
crystal lake, Illinois, United States
Male

forwarding phone # +17864537896

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Miami, FL
Original network provider* Idt America Corp - Fl

+12135388661
City or exchange location Los Angeles, CA
Original network provider* Pacific Bell

+19162739773
City or exchange location Sacramento, Main DA, CA
Original network provider* U.s. Telepacific Corp. - Ca

Thank you for posting the details, sjm12. I'm glad that you figured out he was a scammer before sending money to him. It's important to drop him like a rock now, and say no more to him. Talking to him will not only endanger you more, but it will hurt other victims.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

ericjackson629@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 am

On net log,

hi am eric jackson,just going through net log when i fell on your page,you've really got a lovely picture,and would really want to get knowing you
just a few of me am eric jackson,I am a global contractor.
i stay at the united kingdom
am divorce with a daughter, ever since my wife left i have
not been myself,just spend thy most of my time with my daughter and focus less on my job,am sure with a lovely friend like you i can get back on my feet again and start sharing dreams,
going to parks and other good stuffs,hope hearing from you soon

Thanks for the message you seems like a very good lady and i wouldn't mind if i can know more about you .....though i work as much as i would but i get too ,,,,,lonely and comes back home to find no one say "how was your day" i am engineer ....been single for 5yrs and got a lovely daughter with ex wife .i love to play golf and some field games too,camping,writing and watch sporting games and a whole lot other things to make me busy and don't lonely.i like to travel and i think i have been a good traveler and better one.My pic is as recent as 3wks old,i am new to this online dating thing.........

I am very impressed and honored to get a message from you.i thought i would never hear from you again,,,, I would love to develop a relationship, and have some quality time with a honest,loving,caring,desiring,kind and devoted woman like yourself.You appear to have all the assets that would make me a very happy man. I am in search of a good woman for a long lasting relationship that will lead us into marriage I'm a Professional, goal oriented, affectionate,loving and caring person. Very romantic, creative and spontaneous.after reading through your messagel i felt like writing you more about my self......here is my yahoo id ericjackson629@yahoo.com add me up..........so we have a life chat there...........cares

Profile elements:

antoniomorgan64
male - 50 years, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Name eric01 jackson
Date of birth 15/12/1962
Location Birmingham United Kingdom
Native language English

Active since 31 October 2012.

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Eric Jackson <ericjackson629@yahoo.com>

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 am

Email:

its nice reading from you too my dear....its really been a long time since a woman has captured my heart the way it did when i came accross your profile my dear...i will like to know more about you too...are you on facebook?please give my your yahoo id so we have a nice chat there.......cares

Header:

Received: from [41.138.191.94]
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.133.508
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:25:31 -0800 (PST)

Originating IP: 41.138.191.94
Originating ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: ericjackson629@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 am

Email:

Each time I look at your gorgeous face, I feel my heart melt in your love. I just cannot stop thinking about you. I love you.where are you please try and mail me ok............cares

Header:

Received: from [41.71.205.104]
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.133.508
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:42:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: thinking about you

Originating IP: 41.71.205.104
Originating ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

kolenda_dan@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

On single123:

Hi dear how are you i am kolenda from switzerland i went through your profile and to be honestly i like your profile i would like to know more about you
Daniel

Profile elements:

kolenda - no picture
I am: Man
Seeking a: Woman
City: basel
Zip Code: 8002

i am a person who loves simple thing and i am here looking for a caring and understanding lady that would be with me forever i does by dignity and my friend all loves me because i care for those that need me and secondly i am just here for the moment i would definitely delete my profile as soon as i get the real one here
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.