Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

celmejenn@hotmail.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

janage2023@gmail.com

Unread postby apparentlyiamstupid » Tue May 07, 2024 2:43 am

Just got *these exact same pictures* from "Agnes Jansson" at janage2023@gmail.com -- sadly, I 50% thought she might be real at first, because:

1. She said she was from Sweden and had found my email address in a forum (although suspiciously didn't say where).
2. I *actually* did start learning Swedish recently and posted on several penpal websites (which don't directly expose my email, but...)

I was 50% convinced she was a scammer at first but I replied because I'm overly nice and thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, but:

A. I wrote to her completely in Swedish and she replied only in English.
B. She wrote kind of a lot without actually *saying anything* (you know what I mean).
C. Finally she sent these pictures, which I reverse-image searched at TinEye and found this website, and *these exact pictures*.

Anyway, I'm dumb but I guess no real harm done, and I wouldn't have ever sent any money in a million years anyway.
apparentlyiamstupid
New survivor

janage2023@gmail.com

Unread postby Big Al » Tue May 07, 2024 7:31 am

Form Submitted on 2024-05-07
What name did the scammer use?: Agnes Jansson
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Just email
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: janage2023@gmail.com AgnesJansson63@outlook.com
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?: None

Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : I got this email first (from the Outlook address):

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Agnes Jansson and I'm from Sweden. I am writing to you today to request a pen pal friendship. I have always been fascinated by the idea of having a pen pal, and I believe that it would be a great opportunity to learn about new cultures and exchange ideas with someone from a different part of the world.If you are open to the idea, I would love to exchange letters and get to know you better. We could talk about anything and everything, from our daily lives to our interests and hobbies. I believe that this could be a truly enriching experience for both of us, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Agnes

Did you send any money to the scammer? If so, how much?: No

Same stolen images already posted.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Previous

Return to Romance scams.