Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.
Post a reply

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Etienne Grech

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:31 pm

I met Etienne Grech on Tinder somewhere in July 2019. He was on tinder by the name Fahz. He told me his name was Fazil Iman Amin and that he was residing in Washington DC. He told me that his wife had passed away in a car accident 7 years ago and that he has a son aged 9 by the name of Jamie. He even told me that he was a Muslim and that he was a businessman selling gold bars. We communicated everyday for more than 1 month and he even spent so much time in a day either talking to me or whatsapping. We did skyped once because he wanted to convince me that he is real and was really the guy in the photo on Tinder profile. He told me that he was coming to see me and even sent to me his flight ticket which looked very real. He was so romantic and promised me to get married and to start a family with me. Few days before he was supposed to come to my country he was telling me that he had to go to Vancouver for a bussiness meeting and will fly from Vancouver to my country straight. Before he was heading to the airport, he was telling me that he needed to go to the atm to withdraw some money. I started to feel weird on why he was telling me that. After that he was quiet for few hours. Around 1am my time i received a phone call from his number but he claimed to be a doctor from a hospital in Vancouver. He told me that Fahz was been attacked at the atm and he was unconcious and badly injured. The doctor told me not to be panicked and that he will call me again to update me on Fahz condition. I was so worried and checked with various hospitals in Vancouver but none with his name. The next morning i found out through my own investigation that the guy real name was not Fazil Amin but Dr Etienne Grech from Malta. He called me the next day but i did not answer the call. I told him that i knew who he was. He then blocked me on whatsapp. I am very sure that guy was indeed Dr Etienne Grech because i skyped with him before and i remember very well how he looked like on skype

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Please post as much information concerning the scammer as possible.

E-mails, E-mail addresses, Photographs and fake documents, Phone numbers, & places you were asked to send money are all helpful.

If you are not sure what to post you can send the information to my E-mail address which is below.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:54 pm

I am very sure that guy was indeed Dr Etienne Grech because i skyped with him before and i remember very well how he looked like on skype

That is usually what a scammer does to convince you he is real: use an old footage of the person he pretends to be during a Skype call. The image will freeze on the screen and the sound quality will be bad. The call will not go on longer than few seconds.

The scammer can have a better solution for a longer screen presence during a Skype call. There is a specific software that can be used for that, based on a picture of that person. The software is accessible and can be downloaded for free in certain forums and it will allow a basic interaction - meaning the person on the screen will move, wave or even blow a kiss. He will not have sound (any excuse will be good for that, like a microphone not working or him pretending to be in a place where his voice can disturb others).

Anything online can be faked if you know how to do it. You were not in contact with the real Dr Etienne Grech.
Post a reply