Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

broncofanalive@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

broncofanalive@yahoo.com

Unread postby grizzley72p » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I wanted to tell my story so no one else will get scammed. My friend met this guy on myspace. His email address: broncofanalive@yahoo.com. He said his name was Malcolm Stephens. She rec'd gifts from him and all. ( Roses, candy and a necklace). He had a friend that started talking to me: Nelson Duff: email address: neldufson@yahoo.com. They both used pictures and claimed that Malcolm's 5 year old daughter was sick and could not get medical treatment there. They needed money for a flight ticket so she could go to the hospital here in US. 1566.66 was the amt of the ticket plus fee for west. union. Walmart does not do it. They claimed to be in the UK- LONDON. They used the agent's name of: Nancy Eugene for KLM flights. Walmart would not do moneygram. They said it was a scam. Malcolm then wanted western union and gave a US rep name of: Doug Charles Doudna - City: Pittsburg State: Kansas Zip: 66762-2693 the total w/ fee was = 1712.66. Please be aware of these two people. Also, Nelson Duff has a number of: 1110440602 per text. I was advised that Nelson was in Nigeria. DO NOT SEND MONEY.
Last edited by firefly on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email adress into subject matter
grizzley72p
New survivor

Re: Romance Scam

Unread postby Pinky » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Yes, it's a scam. I do hope that you and your friend are both safe now, have not lost money and are no longer communicating with the scammer(s). Thumbs up for Western Union finally getting on board to help their customers.
Pinky
Junior survivor

broncofanalive@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Agree with Pinky, grizzley72p: 100% scam. Even the gift´s received by your friend could be purchased abusing stolen credit card or money received from another victim.

Sorry for your experience. Can you post more details, please?
- headers for the email adresses - see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=581
- first and second email received
- pictures
- details for payments/requests
- stolen pictures used

You have one topic here about how to use the board: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1395

Every of those details, if they are reported can help other potential victims. Thank you.

For the email adress broncofanalive@yahoo.com:

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby grizzley72p » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:18 pm

That is the picture of " Malcolm". I assume it was stolen. I gave the header info to Wayne from Nelson Duff, and he did verify it was from Nigeria. My friend has the pics on her phone. I will get her to register and give more info. ( But that is definitly Malcolm in the picture at the email address given. This is so sad :(
grizzley72p
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry to give you bad news. But entire story is 100% scam.
Best thing to do is to stop all contact with the scammers, without telling them a world: delete them out from your Yeahoo, block them and dont answer at phones if they call.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby grizzley72p » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks Firefly......Already have done as suggested. Thank You! :shock:
grizzley72p
New survivor

broncofanalive@yahoo.com

Unread postby swt_sherry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

swt_sherry
New survivor

Unread postby swt_sherry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 pm

ok the 1st pic is of a guy named jordan and all other pics are of a guy named malcolm and the last 2 are a guy named nelson and i was talking to malcolm and a friend was talking to nelson as nelson and malcolm claim to be best friends and there stories was not adding up and was wanting money repeatly when we advised after friend sent money 1st time we dont have any but it was mostly nelson asking
swt_sherry
New survivor

Unread postby swt_sherry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm

swt_sherry
New survivor

achrist13@yahoo.com

Unread postby Taltm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I was contacted on match.com by a Chris Anderson achrist13@yahoo.com. He had started things with me, with a wink., at first I was yeah right!!! Here is this extremely handsome guy from Los Angeles, CA. I thought why would he be interested in a simple country girl from Minnesota? Me being a lonely widow mother of 4 boys & my husband only being gone for a year, temptation overrode my mind. I winked back & things went forward from there. We exchanged emails, & photos. I added him on yahoo messenger, where we chatted as well. He said he was originally from Germany & has lived in Los Angeles for the past 12 yrs. He has been a widower for the past 2 yrs. He said all the rights things & he certainly charmed his way to my heart. We sent each other songs from You Tube. He wanted my phone # & without thinking I gave it to him. We had attempted viewing each others web cams on Yahoo messenger, but he got called away. I was talking with my sister in-law on the phone & we talked about him & how something wasn't right. We both started our research on line, we didn't find out much, but did find out about these Romance Scams. I so wanted him to be real!! But had a feeling it was just a fairytale! He called me later that night, we spoke briefly. His voice was not what I had imagined, looking at his pictures. We later went on yahoo messenger & we chatted. A friend of mine calls & I told her that Chris & I were chattin, she says" get him to view web cams, so I asked him & he said yes, so I hung up with her. Things werent working on his end & he wasn't answering me anymore & then he signed off without a word. I knew that he was fake but wanted proof! I had started searching again & getting frustrated about not finding much. I decided to get some sleep & try again in the morning. I woke up early this morning & decided that I was gonna mess around on the computer & try to go about it a different way. I went into google images & uploaded 1 of his photos & nothing, then another & nothing! 1 by 1 I uploaded & finally Yeah BUSTED!!! It brought me to this site. I must say I have some mixed feelings, I didn't have much time invested, & glad that it didn't go further & causing hardship or what not. I wanted him to be real & brings me to the saying "If it appears or sounds to good to be true...chances are it isn't'!! I will get over it, but will be extremely cautious from here on out! I know my true soulmate is out there somewhere & he will be real!! I'm a strong woman, I won't let this kick me down!! I hope this will help others. I hope someone lets the guy in these photos know that someone has stolen photos of him, he has aright to know!!! Most importantly I hope somehow, some way that these people are stopped, even if it's 1 by 1 that's progress in the making!!

Last edited by firefly on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: email adress into subject matter
Taltm
New survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.