Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I was scammed by a guy called Jason Van Moore

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

I was scammed by a guy called Jason Van Moore

Unread postby Spiky Sue » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I live in Johannesburg South Africa and joined Older Dating Online. I consider myself to be a together person and not easily taken in. However i got well and truly taken for a ride and scammed. The guy who scammed me was called Jason Van Moore obviously not his real name. We exchanged photos and he looked like an ordinary guy. We even spoke on Skype as he said he was here in SA in Cape Town working as a mechanical engineer. He was planning to relocate to South Africa as he had a lot of work here. He supposedly flew back to the UK after we had been emailing each other and had been speaking on Skype for 2 weeks. I got a promotion in my job and he sent me red roses, champagne and chocolates! I saw him on the web cam. Things seemed too good to be true as after communicating for about 10 days he started telling me how i was the woman for him and that he loved me. Then he started asking me for money the first story was that the cook who was working for him and the other engineers needed to be paid. They forgot to pay her he asked me if I would pay her R500 US dollars he was busy getting his money from his investment bank in Dubai and would pay me back. Then his so called grandson who he had also sent me pictures of was in an accident whilst on a school trip in Ghana. He sent me a photo of a kid with a bad scalp wound. I did a search on Google to see if i could find the picture as i suspected that it might be a scam. I could not find the photo, I also looked up the doctors name in Ghana and found him on Google. he cried on the phone and told me he needed 3,000 US dollars so the kid could have surgery. I stupidly gave him 2,000 dollars. He told me has was going to transfer 80,000 US dollars into my bank account to buy a house here in SA. Things became more hot between us after this and he then asked for another 3,000 US dollars to pay the hospital bill. I told him i wanted a copy of the account before I paid any more money and he refused to send it. Obviously it did not exist. I got taken for quite a lot of money but at least i realised it was a scam before i paid out any more. Please ladies be very careful if a guy who seems to be nice and interested in you comes up with a similar story as it is not true and he just wants to see how much money he can get from you. I am fortunate as I have a good job and earn a good salary so I will be able to recover from this, although it will take a while. I just feel like such a fool as i was exploited and fell for a pack of lies.
Spiky Sue
New survivor

Re: I was scammed by a guy called Jason Van Moore

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Thank you for the details and we're glad you got wise before you lost any more money. Could you post up his email address, photos, phone number and anything else you feel would be useful to help warn others. Thanks.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Romance scams.