Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Gary Erik Lennart - garyLENNART@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Gary Erik Lennart - garyLENNART@yahoo.com

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I am new. Registered today. The guy has been scamming for about two months. Met on okcupid. Feel like crap. Want to strangle him and call him out. I can't believe this happened to me. Ugh.
Last edited by firefly on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email adress into subject matter
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Re: He is a scammer

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Welcome to the site. Can you post up your scammer's details. The more information you post, the more likely someone else is of being warned about him and not sending any money. Also, be sure to completely drop him and not reply to a single message he sends you. If you have any questions, we're here to help.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 am

He goes by Gary Erik Lennart. His yahoo id is GaryL554, same for his ok cupid account, which he closed today. Email address is garyLENNART@yahoo.com. Says he is from Norway, moved to London as a child. Today he says he is working in Turkey - finishing up a project. Says he is an architect, divorced 5 years, daughter (9) named Kimberly - he calls her Kim. Supposedly only child with his mother (in London) and daughter are his only family.

He contacted me on ok cupid the third week in May. By end of May he was in love with me. A few days later, he said the tax on the equipment shipping from Germany to Istanbul was more than he calculated and asked me for $30k. I said no. He then tried to see if I would let someone wire money to me and then I send it to him. I said no. He magically found an investor to pay the tax on the equipment. He was supposedly coming to Texas next week for us to meet. I began to realize that his emails and then later his profile from ok cupid were "borrowed" from other places on the internet. I confronted him...he of course was very upset and said i did not love him, etc. Soon he could not call anymore because he had not purchased credits for his cell phone - but he could text like crazy. ? he wanted me to call him all the time and when i said no, he said he had spent thousands of euros on phone bills...well, i said we could Skype and because incidentally his Mac was stolen he did not have a computer with a camera anymore. He asked me to video for him - um no. I said that was not a fair deal in the least! His pictures are beautiful - very handsome. My sister made the comment that one looks too good to be true - like it was from a magazine. He called me huni, Queen, sweetheart, love, baby...you name it, he said it. He talked of coming back to Texas to go house hunting with his daughter...in the back of my mind i kept thinking this is so much so soon...but i put it off because farther in the back of my mind I knew he would never come. I guess i had a gut feeling this guy was too good to be true but hoped I was wrong.

I began researching romance scams and it was very clear this is exactly what was happening to me. As I researched more I realized how everything was so calculated. Even the build up to him coming next week...and the fact that he needs to get paid by the project before he can come...i am sure that was the next hit up for money...waiting to happen.

I have blocked him on instant messenger and email and deleted all his information. I uploaded two photos and two of "his" drawings he sent to show me the kind of work he does...amazing these people.

gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:17 am

I did a google image search and one of "his" drawings which he said was for a hotel is actually - surprise, surprise - not his at all and not even a hotel.

Architects: TETRARC architectes mandataires

http://www.archdaily.com/223766/ville-d ... s-tetrarc/

I googled his images and nothing came up, except his ok cupid profile which is now removed. I notified ok cupid as well. I also found another man on ok cupid in Delaware with the exact same profile summary as Gary's. I notified ok cupid of this also.
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 am

He asked me to video for him - um no. I said that was not a fair deal in the least!

The scary thing is, he may have been looking to blackmail you with the footage. It's something we've been seeing a lot lately.

Do you have copies of his emails? As you say, parts of what he said was stolen from elsewhere, so would be really useful to have here. It's good to hear that you worked out that he was a scammer. Sadly we get to speak to a lot of people after it's too late.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:39 am

FROM GARY LENNART ---- GARYLENNART@YAHOO.COM

This is the last email that just sent out alarm bells...how fake is this? I googled the first few lines and it came up all over the anti-scammer sites from victims being sent the same garbage.

Soul mate finally found,

What a wonderful beginning to a new year! me finding you, chatting online, confessing my love, and then it happens all over again. The feelings that I’ve felt for you all along begin to resurface. Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.

Thank you, ____(he spelled my name wrong here...that was another great tip off). What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you.

I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.

I have no other words to describe the way you make me feel. No words, no actions could even come close. I believe that Ronald Regan said it best to Nancy in a letter, telling her only that, "I more than love you". Their love was a strong love, surviving everything, even death. I believe that even after his passing, Nancy felt Ronald's love for her raining down upon her. That is why she has always seemed at peace after the death of such a truly loving husband. That is the love that I feel for you.
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:41 am

***FROM GARY LENNART ---- GARYLENNART@YAHOO.COM****

Sweetheart,

The moment I met you, I felt something unique inside my heart,
My heart said that you are the one I am finding from years,
Time passes and I was getting you as my lovable partner,
You finished off loneliness and emptiness of my heart,
I feel you all the time; feel your priceless love,
I can’t wait for long; I can’t live without you my baby,
The distance between us is like torture,
Take me in your arms,
I’ll join your soul like flower and its fragrance,
I want you completely in my life,
I really can’t live without you,
Those days are crucial for me,
Now I trust you more than I usually do,
I love you more than I usually do,
I miss you more than I usually do,
I want those days back,
I wish we will be together soon,
Forever,
I can’t wait to hold you in my arms, telling you just how much i love you and be mine,
Love you.

Hugs and BIG kisses,

Gary.
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 am

from garylennart@yahoo.com

another form love letter - early on i caught on that these were not his...i innocently asked who wrote this, i have heard it before...never replied to that email.

Sweetheart,

I would love to say that there is nothing more beautiful than having you. I learn how to fly again, soar high and be brave not fearing of something. I began to feel the beauty of the world, that there is so much in life unless if we stop hoping and there is so much in love unless if we stop loving.
As time passed by… I started wish and hope that I can keep you forever. Don’t you know that you are someone very precious, someone worth caring and most of all someone worth loving? I want you and I need you. I love you and I can never ask for more than you darling.

Thoughts of you will continue to linger in my mind as I start my day.

Love always,
Gary.

<<NOTE - HE ALWAYS PUT A PERIOD AFTER HIS NAME>>

Also, early on in the communications, he always signed off...Cheers, Gary.
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 am

Welcome gabbygirl.

I'm sorry you were scammed by a criminal, but have to say .... congratulations for seeing through his game and allowing your instincts to guide you. Many have learned the same lessons only through great financial loss. No doubt though, the feelings of betrayal are just as heartbreaking. It isn't easy for good people to come face-to-face with this kind of heartlessness and greed.

I have no doubt that the web-camming would have led to a blackmail effort, or that receiving payments through another might have got you in legal trouble. Again ... congratulations for not allowing this POS ruin your life.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby gabbygirl2909 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:06 am

Thanks Duck Hunter...This bites!!! But when I get a little sad at the thought that the character that was built for me is not real, then I say HE IS NOT REAL. And I get pissed. What a jerk...thinking I am some fool - he is the fool. I laugh because he contacted the wrong woman! ha!!!

Well, I know this will bother me for awhile. But I will not let this get me down or ruin my hopes for someday finding someone real.

Thank you again...I have not told any of my family or friends yet. Although along the way I voiced my concern about the authenticity of it all. It is for some reason embarrassing to think this happened.

Take care and all I can say is NEVER SEND MONEY TO ANYONE...they should not even be asking. As Gary would say - I know this is not proper, but huni you are all I have? (to which I actually laughed out loud - you don't have one friend you can call? you have known me for a few weeks!!!) Ahhhh the insanity of it all!

Gabbygirl2909
gabbygirl2909
Junior survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.