Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

davidfanjoy@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

davidfanjoy@yahoo.com

Unread postby newwriter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:38 am

He goes by the name of David Fanjoy most recent. Was reported as romance scammer Dickson Grey using same photo but he has added new ones. He is on many of the paid dating sites eharmony, just popped up on POF, and was on dating.com Not all the photos he uses show up on Google image search. His story is similar to the others. poses as a widow, but now he is Vancouver, a business man, engineer, just obtained a contract with Chevron on an oil rig. He has a teenage daughter. His email address: davidfanjoy@yahoo.com
his phone numbers he uses are 793 760-7899 and 204 514 2399 and 604 335 0243.

I did not give him money but blocked his numbers contacted eharmony and reported him to the RCMP he did have my address and sent his keys to me via priority post. A vancouver address was used. I took the RCMP's advice and send the package back return to sender.

newwriter
New survivor

Re: davidfanjoy@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:56 am

Hello, newwriter,

Thanks for sharing those information here, to help other victims.

Can you try to post, please, the first emails he sent - the ones where he is talking about himself and the one about his so called contract? Please, delete your name (if mentioned) out of the text before to post it.

About the phone number used:

About +12045142399:

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Canada
City or exchange location Winnipeg
Original network provider* Distributel

About +16043350243:

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Canada
City or exchange location Vancouver
Original network provider* Distributel

The first one looks like a Russian mobile number. Can you, please, check it and let us know if it was used by him or the scammer just mentioned he use this phone number without calling you from this number?
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby newwriter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 am

He called me from all 3 numbers, said he had to get a different sim card to use his mobile phones from the oil rig. The 793-760-7899 exchange he called me from several times the last one Oct 1. Hope this helps. And just a note I did not give him money. He did send his keys to me by priorty mail (his excuse so they wouldn't get lost on oil rig) I followed RCMP instructions and sent back return to sender in same envelope, vancouver address.

Also the photos he used appear to be stolen from a Frederic L.

His profile he uses:
David, Business Consultant, height 6' 0''
age 45, I live in vancouver, BC
I am Christian, I have a Bachelors

He just popped up on POF using same photo but as an engineer from Vancouver.

His first emails:
i did sent one dunno why you didn't get it, anyways my name is David and i am new here . im a kind , easy going and understanding gentle man. im looking for same in a partner i have been off the market for a while now since the late of my wife to enable me raise my daughter it wasn't really easy but as they say time heals all wound and i believe its time to move on. i am not just looking for my better half but also my equal who will accept my daughter as hers and someone to grow old with and spend the rest of my life with. i hope you understand. :) may i ask what you do for a living ? kids? ever married?

Hey sweetie , how are you doing ? I hope you had a great day , I am glad you got your focus back after talking to me ... I am sorry for the late reply , I have been very busy at the office , I am done with the paper work for the contract am applying for , I will be going for the presentation tomorrow , I really do hope I get it .....
Baby I would like to know everything about you , I am always here to hear about xxxxxxxxxxxother area of your life , I know you have a passion for it , I will definately give you all the support you need ....you can also ask me whatever you like to know about me , my heart is completely open for you ......
I am falling asleep while writing you this message ,

Good morning sweetie , how are you doing today ? I hope you are having a great day ... My day is going on well , I am presenting the proposal for the contract this afternoon , I really hope everything goes well, i have faith in us , and I am sure I will get it... let me tell you more about my Job , I am a registered contractor with various local and International oil companies , I have a crew that works with me , the contract am applying for at this point is to supply crude oil to 4 companies , here in Canada and the States , so I will be going over to Scotland to get the crude , I will be leasing an oil rig for a period of 3 weeks , I will be drilling for crude oil with my crew and some other engineers from scotland ... I have been in this line of work for more than a decade now ....I guess i should stop boring you lol ....

xxxxxxxxxx I would love to meet your kids .... Hun are you currently living in a house or an apartment ? I am thinking of buying a new house after this contract tho , I want a swimming pool , I would like you to come with me to go check out some properties when I return , thats if I get the contract ....
Baby I have to ask you a personal question , how well are you doing with xxxxxxxxxxxxx , do you think it is something you can retire on ? If not , I just want to reassure you that am here for you , make sure you never lack anything in life ....
I want to cook a meal with you and totally rune it and end up doing take out.....lol......am laughing honey.... I want to sit here talking to you for hours about nothing at all but in the same time everything or maybe we won't talk at all and just grin at each other realizing how lucky we are. I want you to get mad at me for doing something stupid, and I want you to bust out laughing when you try to yell at me.I want to lay with you in front of a fireplace and keep the heat going long after the fire goes out. I want to take trips with you to places we've never been and experience them together....lovely places where real couple's share their heartfelt in totality.. I am blessed to have you in my life ...

Hun I have to get back to work , I will send you a message when I a done with work ....
do have a have a great day and take good care of your self ...

Hello sweetie , how are you doing , I hope you had a great day ... I am very sorry for the late reply hun , I got the contract ,I spent a lot of time at the office after the presentation , hun you have no idea how happy am I right now, I wish you were here to join me celebrate , we would have had a nice romantic dinner at home and more fun for desert ( you know what I mean ) .. I am sure you brought this luck to me , you have been such a blessing to my life .. Hun I will be travelling to Alberta tomorrow to go sign the contract papers...

Hun am glad I didn't bore you with my Job, I would like to tell you everything about it, it is really exciting I have someone like you in my life , I feel very happy and grateful anytime I think of you , you have been running through my mind all day , even when I was doing the presentation lol...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx then I can give you some advice too... I have been successful with this my line of work , I am pretty much ready for retirement , I have done a lot of savings too , I am invest a lot into this contract , the whole contract is worth 3.5million dollars , I will be given 50% of what is need to complete the contract , and I will need to raise the remaining ,I get paid after the Job is completed .. I would really like us to go on a vacation when I return , we have a lot of years to have to fun , we can travel the world , take the kids with us too...

Hello Hun , How you doing ? I hope you are having a great day ... I am jut so exhausted right now , I took an early morning flight to fort saskatchewan, through edmonton Alberta ... I just finished up the paper work for the contract , the deal has been singed , but am not too happy with the time frame , I have to get my crew over to Scotland as soon as possible to get work started , I will be going to Scotland tomorrow , to get work started over there .... thinking about you always make my stress go away , I just cant wait to be done with this contract so I can come back home and have a fun filled time with you and the kids....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hun we would still be able to talk even tho am away , I will try to roam my line if possible , but if not.. we can always send messages on here , I wont be able to stay a day without talking to you my love ....
I am kinda tired , I have to go take a nap . I will send you a message later tonight ....

Hello hun, how are you doing ? I hope you are having a great day , I am sorry for not sending you a note last night , I had a pretty long night with my business associate , we had a lot of work to get done ... I was up till 3am doing calculations and technical drawing , everything went on well tho , it was worth the time , but my heart bleeds because I send you a message, I know deep in my heart .I will be lost without your love for I know how your love Keep my heart beat sway.... Hun we were suppose to fly out this morning , but there are some delays over here , I am trying to get funds transferred to my dom account , we have rescheduled our flight for tonight , we are flying off from Calgary.. it would be a long flight tho , about 8hrs , but still good enough ....

Hello baby, How are you doing? I miss you so much and I couldn't stop thinking about you while I was in the plane, I arrived safely, I got here at 8.30am and I couldn't get access to internet till now that I got my computer connected, the weather here is cool but I'm fine. I am really happy having you in my life, someone that care and always be there for me and I promise you that I will always be there for you as well, no matter the distance. Baby thank you for coming into my world and I feel you are a God sent to me. I am having a brief meeting with my staff this evening and I will move out to get a cell line and after that I will email the cell number to you so we can also talk on phone Because most time I will be on the rig working and wouldn't have time to come online, I do hope you understand what rig is all about, let me explain little; the work is all about drilling, drilling crude from the sea and so we will be leaving to the sea which is going to take us 4hrs to get to the main point where the work commends which is called the platform, We are leaving on the chevron ship with my staffs by 9AM tomorrow.

Hello sweetie , how are you doing ? I hope you are having a great day, My day is going on well here , I am sorry for the late reply hun , work is really stressing me out , the first one week is always very stressful, we do the major drilling this week,I had a dispute with the company that supplies me equipment, I sent 180k to them before leaving Canada,I was suppose to get the equipment yesterday , I still haven't gotten anything, I am so pissed , but thinking of you and reading your messages always make me smile and makes my day go by easily, they promise to deliver tomorrow ....

Hello Hun , how are you doing ? I hope everything is going on well with you... I was hoping to get a message from you , I am kinda worried hun ... I miss hearing from you ....
Everything is going on well here , The equipment just arrived ,they are loading it to the rig now... everything is going on well , so there is no need to worry your self hun...

Hello Hun , How are you doing ? ....My day is going on well , we are done with the installation of the new equipment , we drilled a lot today , it was a very successful day out here am done with work for today ,Thanks for your word of encouragement , I do really appreciate , Hun i wont stress of issues out here anymore , let me just go by the theory that every thing happen for a good reason, Thanks for being there when I needed a shoulder to lean on, for patiently listening to my personal problems. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You've changed my life, Baby. this is my first time leasing equipment from this company , so I was a bit worried , but am glad everything went on well , I will be ordering a different one next week , we would be changing the size of the driller , that will cost me about 250k ... hun sorry am boring you with my work lol , I like telling you everything about my day , it makes me smile and feel accomplished , knowing you care,

Hello sweetie , How are you doing ? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I wish am rounding up with work to come tomorrow , it would be so blissful ...Hun I am sorry for the late reply , work has not been going to well my love . we ran into some accident in the easy hours of today ,the oil well is seriously damaged. I really don't know what to do right now because the well need urgent repairs before it affects the entire well body.
The worst part of it all is that the company that gave me the contract gave a deadline to get the project done. I am really loosing it all and if I don't meet the mandate, I brought in some engineerings today to check what we are in for ,I stand to loose close to a $700k this is a very bad experience it has never happened to me before, I am trying to get across to my bank to see if I can get a quick loan so I can get this fixed , I have invested a lot into this contract ... Hun am not thinking straight right now , but thinking about you and xxxxxxxxxxxxxx always keep me strong ,.. I will be working all night in the well , to prevent everything from falling off ....
I will send you a message when I have the time, you don't have to worry your self my love , everything will be fine ,we are both blessed ....

Hello Hun , I hope you are having a great day , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thanks for the words of encouragement , I do really appreciate you in my life , you are one person I can tell whatever is going in my life and you are there to give me your support , Yeah I do have good instinct , I have the engineers working on the oil well all night long, trying to prevent the whole thing from falling down ....Sweetie I know money dont matter , what we have is more special , but I have to be able to provide for you and the kids , go on trips too ..... we are blessed to have each other in our lives , i am grateful to God for that ....
Hun I spoke to my account officer this today, and he was telling me I cant get a funds transfer this quick , I have to wait for 7 business days before he can get it across to me , I am doing by best out here trying to make everything work out ... I just want to be done with this contract and come home to you my love ... I spoke to lucy today, she is doing alright , she various anxious on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
Everything is going to be alright my love ....
I havent been able to reply your previous message , I guess am going to call you so we can talk about the message when I have the time ....
I am hoping to hear from you soon my love .... I miss you like crazy ....

Hello Hun, I got some good news hun , the oil well can be fixed within 2 days , I dont have access to a lot of cash from here , I have to be in canada for me to raise it , the cost for fixing the rig is $48,000 ... I have been able to raise 39,000... and this money has to be paid by tomorrow , I really dont want to put you in this position , but I would really need some help from you , I will refund you the said amount as soon as I get out from the rig or before ... I would really appreciate , I feel lost right now , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweetie I have your home phone , you gave me a while ago ,I will give you a call as soon as am done with some paper work, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ..

Hun we havent really had a good conversation for some days now due to the oil rig , I miss you telling me about your day.... how long do you think the meeting will last xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hun I know you have to take care of that wayxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... hun when would you be able to send the money , since you cant raise it today ... hun I just want to fixed the rig , this is not a big loss to me , I don't even consider it a loss.... but it will just add at least 3 days to the date of my arrival ... I just cant wait to be out of here my love....
Please do take care of your self , you should send me a message when you are free , so I can give you a call ...
hoping to hear from you soon ..

David ..

These emails were over several weeks, many more in between and phone calls. I broke off contact, notified eharmony, called the RCMP as he had my address, He kept calling until I blocked his phone number. I did not give him money.
newwriter
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:07 am

Thank you again for your update, newwriter.

No doubt you have dealt with a scammer. You have done the right thing to cut any contact with him and to block his phone number. Glad to know you have not fall for his sob stories.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

crus.maddox@yahoo.com

Unread postby Wayne » Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Feedback form #1711

What name did the scammer use?: Crus Luther Maddox
Scammer's email address if you have it.: crus.maddox@yahoo.com

How old did the scammer say they were?: 44
Scammer's Skype username . THE NAME WILL HAVE NO SPACES IN IT.: lutherking_jnr
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .: Crus Maddox
What site did you first meet the scammer on?: skype
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: yahoo messenger
How much money did they demand?: USD9000
Name you were told to send the money to. : ANDREW OKEGBE Christopher Maddox
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: nigeria
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: +233245139402
How were you to send the money ?: Western Union

What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: Block on Skype
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.: yes, he is on Facebook as well under Crus Maddox. He is also on Baddoo as Crus Maddox. Some of his other scam names are: Maddox Crus, David Fanjoy, Charls Crick, Dickson Grey. I have lots of other pictures as well of him.
Attachments
Crus Maddox.png
Crus Maddox.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: crus.maddox@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue May 13, 2014 5:53 am

On Facebook:

Maddox Crus
Went to Santiam Christian Schools
From Portland, Oregon
Joined Facebook April 17, 2014
Traveled April 17

On Badoo:

Maddox Crus, 44
Abuja, Nigeria

+
3 pictures already posted above.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.