Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

g.barry688@yahoo.co.uk

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

g.barry688@yahoo.co.uk

Unread postby Carmita90 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 pm

This guy named George Barry wrote to me:

This is his mail: g.barry688@yahoo.co.uk

"Hi baby

Thanks for your response, you gave me your email ID from tagged .com social site..., I’m George Barry from Bolton northern England. Hence I’m a widower and have determined to choose my life partner as soon as possible... I am 47yrs old, a Marine Engineer working with Baltic Marine Gdynia, a subsidiary of Baltic Shipping Company… Dear which country are you from, are you married, and how old are you really?

I have two sons one is 7yr old and the other 11yrs old, they are living with my mother after the death of my wife and now I’m single. Please I will like to have more of your photo and also chat with you on yahoo messenger. I have gone trough your profile I appreciate what I saw I will like to be in a relationship with you. Meanwhile I have added you to my chatting messenger so we can have a chat and know the way forward. Please I will like to know little about you and feel free to ask any question of your choice...

I hope to hear from you soon..."

I think it's like some scammig mails I've seen. He's told me he loves me since the second mail and now he asked for my adress to send me a package. Sadly, I gave it to him and now I don't know what to do.

These are his pics

What I should I do now?
Carmita90
New survivor

Re: ¿Romance scam? Help please

Unread postby Carmita90 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Also, he found me on Tagged and made me close the site, claiming I was his soul mate.
Carmita90
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:38 pm

You need to completely drop him. Drop him like a hot potato without so much as another word. IF anything does arrive from him, then refuse to accept it as it may be stolen or paid for using a stolen credit card. Also, be very careful of anyone new approaching you as it may be the scammer using a different profile. They often try that. Keep safe and good luck.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Can you post, please, the emails you received from him? Any other details? One link to his Tagged profile? Your info about this one may save other potential victims.

We have a similar story reported here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1362.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.