Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My Mother Is Being Scammed On Facebook

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

My Mother Is Being Scammed On Facebook

Unread postby jediwill83 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 pm

My disabled mother was married for 40 years and then went through a pretty rough divorce. My wife, daughter and myself live with my mom and grandmother.

My mother is chomping at the bit to get out of her overbearing mothers home*so are we* and has fallen victim to someone that has taken over someone elses facebook account that was first female and now he has a male profile pic and a different name but you can see in the history where people interacted with the original owner of the account.

Long story short with the clues Ive found I can almost for certain say that hes based out of Nigeria.

Shes already sent him LOTS of money even though hes supposed to be a oil field engineer working in Turkey.

Not looking at getting the money back...just want to get evidence and expose him so that she cant deny what is really happening.
jediwill83
New survivor

Re: My Mother Is Being Scammed On Facebook

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:23 am

The oil rig engineer scam is pretty common.

The hardest part will be getting her to realize she is being scammed.
She needs to be convinced and then she needs to cut off all contact with the scammer and any associates.
She will need to file a report with her local police.
Then take the report to her bank or wherever she sent money through and try to get any payments reversed.

Can post a link to the scammers Facebook profile?
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby jediwill83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 am

https: // www. facebook.com/garyhecker2

https: // www. facebook.com/Gary-Hecker-101274122316293/
jediwill83
New survivor

Unread postby jediwill83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 am

The account was used by a legitimate female up until a certain point where he took control of it. The two hometowns he lists are Tallulah Louisiana and Pioneer Louisiana. Im just clueless about the next step I should take. I havent attempted contact or called him out. My mother is absolutely convinced they are getting married in November.
jediwill83
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:27 pm

According to one of his Facebook accounts you posted, one of the email addresses he is using is garyhecker24@gmail.com.

Gary Hecker profile details confirms that the account was previously used by a woman.

The pictures on both accounts are stolen.

The same set of stolen pictures can be found online linked to many names - all pretending to be widowers, searching for love.

Given the fact that these are all the details you shared with us, we can advise you to contact the Elder Justice Initiative (EJI) - https://www.justice.gov/elderjustice/fi ... lder-abuse, with the hope they can help.

You can also use my email address (you can find it below) if there are any other details you want to share for warning other potential victims.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jediwill83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Can you give me advice on how to reverse search tbose photos on android? I didnt see a email for you.
jediwill83
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Google is your friend:
https://support.google.com/websearch/an ... %3DAndroid

Firefly's E-mail address is in the signature line below the post just like mine is below:
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby jediwill83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Hey Al. Thanks for the response. The search produced no results for the person in question.Ill try and dig for more info.
jediwill83
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Or you can try to forward to me the emails received from the scammer and the details you have.

This way we can expose his fake persona and, while helping your mother, we might help other victims targeted with the fake profile used.

Regarding images search - you should try while using a laptop or a computer. Mobile phones are great, but are not made for such type of activities.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby jediwill83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:18 pm

I dont have emails from him. He moved her to cell only pretty quickly. He is saying that he was at her highschool but just a few grades below her. She wont let me touch the cell. Very secretive. The only evidence I have is the facebook accounts and hearing about her sending large amounts of money. Happy to work any way I can to stop this guy.
jediwill83
New survivor

Return to Romance scams.