Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

scammers abusing stolen photos of Mark MacLeod

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

scammers abusing stolen photos of Mark MacLeod

Unread postby firefly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:30 pm

abusing stolen pictures of pictures of the male model Mark MacLeod (starnow.com)

Scott Weber <scott.weber63@yahoo.com>

on Badoo

Hello dear,

How are you doing today? I hope you are having a wonderful time today!!!! ....
I am Scott Weber by name and i just want to let you know that i am a new member on this site..I was just passing by when i saw your profile,i must confess you are a Epitome of beauty,no man born of a woman will see you and pass you without taking a second thought of you.I really would love to be a friend if you don't mine and hope that you will give both of us that fair chance to know each other...Until then,please do take care of yourself and stay bless and hope to hear from you soonest..

My Regards to the family.....

Profile elements:

username Scott 49, Portland Heights, OR, United States
Wants to meet with a girl, 40-50
I am a Christian and straightforward human. I don't smoke at all, I believe in treating others as I like to be treated; with kindness, courtesy, consideration, honesty, respect, etc. I do not judge others; that is up to God and I am not prejudice unless it comes to someones negative (bad) character and lack of respect, courtesy, honesty, etc. I view others through their eyes; the windows to their soul (heart) not through their physical features or attributes. Actions speak louder than words with me...!!!!!

I'm looking for a warm-hearten, compassionate women to spend, share, grow, and enjoy the rest of my life with. In the meantime, I am ready and excited to do the dance and have some fun in the ritual of discovery of other people. I'm not looking for casual sex. I want it to be in a meaningful relationship in my life now. This is not a line, just part of the growing up part. I'm not immune to the 'scent of a woman' but these are my honest clear intentions. I want someone meaningful in the act. Because i am here for a women who is career driven and has a direction they know and want to follow. She should be able to express her emotions about work, family, life and anything else. She should be able to laugh at the jerks who get her upset if anything like comes up and appreciate today and not worry about tomorrow. I'm looking for a women who isn't afraid to get caught in the rain and may actually enjoy the soft rain drops on their body, The right woman is out there for me and I am her right

Relationship: I'm single
Sexuality: I'm straight
Appearance: 185cm (6'1''), 93kg (205lbs), average body, black hair and blue eyes.
Living: By myself
Children: Already have
Smoking: Non-smoker
Drinking: Socially
Education: Advanced degree
Languages: English (Fluent)
Work: Petroleum Engineer, Shell Oil..(U. K)... I have a high income.

New message on site:

Thanks for your response...I am a man who is caring, honest and sincere person with a good sense of humor and understanding. Because understanding and communication is the most important thing in a relationship to make it strong and last forever. When two couples understand themselves i don't see anything that will happen to that relationship..it will be a happy one...i am looking for someone who is . caring. loving, honest and understanding..someone who have inner beauty because inner beauty tells the true and real character of a lady because is from the inner side of her you can tell if she is good or bad....it is not all about the physical appearance but the inner feelings which is the true feelings.
I just add You to my messenger and Hope to chat with You soonest,Until I hear from You again,Please do take care Of Yourself and stay bless.

P.S.,
Scott Weber...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Scott Weber <scott.weber63@yahoo.com>

Unread postby firefly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Email:

I don't really have much to say about Myself !!!!! My dad name is Scott Weber, from Birmingham England,a retired soldier and my Mum name is Linda Weber, from Dallas Texas USA,a retired high school teacher but i grow up in England...,Newcastle to be precise and attend my college in USA....I lost my Dad 5 year ago due to Acute Cancer and have only my Mum.I have a daughter,her name is Pearl and she is 15 years old from my late wife.My daughter attend a boarding school in Scotland because of my Job...
I work in England have been working here for 2 years now as a Petroleum Engineer in Shell Oil company in London and am actually planing on quitting the job as soon as i get married because i want to make my spouse very happy all times,I want us to travel all over the world exploring and have a Good Time with Love,romance,peace and all the good things life can Offer.
I guess that all about me for now,if there is anything please feel free to ask.It will be very nice to know more about You..!!!!!Until I hear from You,please do take care of Yourself and stay bless.

Yours Sincerly,

Scott Weber

Header:

Received: from [41.71.177.9]
Subject: About Me..!!!!

Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.71.177.9
Originating ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria

The email adress scott.weber63@yahoo.com was used onFacebook with the same "about me" as on Badoo, but the profile is no longer available:
Scott Weber, Worked at Shell, Studied at Yale University, Lives in Portland, Oregon, Widowed, From Colorado Springs, Colorado, Born on April 16.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: scott.weber63@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 pm

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

andreschott88@yahoo.com

Unread postby CA_Swan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Another profile for the same images and more.

Andre Schott
Lives in Chicago Illinois
Born April 1969
From Destin Florida
Studied at Texas Tech
andre.schott.351@facebook.com
High school Chicago Bulls (??!)

facebook.com/andre.schott.351
Andre Schott <andreschott88@yahoo.com>;

"I`m romantic/optimistic, considerate, outgoing person, warm in nature and very creative. I like to say what I feel and what I think...I don`t like to keep my opinion just in my mind...I do like to speak about everything. I`m intellectual, emotional, confident person and I have a good sense of humor, I like to laugh and have fun. I like to spend time at the gym, swim/sunbathe, hike, tennis,cycling ...wine tasting, fine dining, shopping, traveling, spa...I like to play pool and dancing. I like to cook and enjoy great company with excellent wine.love to see action movies and sometimes romantic once ..i love to read motivational books and i dont watch TV a lot .........what more will you love to know sweetie"

Sound familiar? The language in actual messages typically has no punctuation or capitalization and is not consistent with phrasing an American born and raised speaker would use.

When pushed for location, here is the reply:
"am presently in south africa now constructing a bridge in sun city but i stay in chicago and i will be back soon"

On Feb 5 I asked about a FB account. On Feb 6 pictures were uploaded and on the 7th the profile pics were added. As of today, there were only 10 friends, all added within the last couple of weeks. (I have added this profile to restricted status for now and will delete it completely soon.)

Gave this further description:

i have a son and i lost my wife to cancer 5years ago i work with a consturcting company here in chicago i have moved around the states due to the kind of job i do

Sender was pushing to chat on yahoo messenger or text at (915) 996-2367

Description was given as:
i am 49
white Caucasian
blue eye
light brown hair
6"2
about average in size
single

Our conversations did not get to the point of money requests,but I believe that was coming. Lots of pretty words with no depth and not always in connection with my emails or questions. Often seemed like a brief formula response. I did not trace the originating IP address.
Last edited by firefly on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link disabled, email address in the subject matter
CA_Swan
New survivor

Re: scammers abusing stolen photos of Mark MacLeod

Unread postby CA_Swan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 pm

I should add that the Andre profile responded to a posting on craigslist.

The location of the posting was in Northern NY and would have been more than 12 hours drive from a Chicago residence. Yet, sender seemed to think it was in the nearby vicinity and we could get together for a walk on a local trail or to share a casual cup of coffee.

Another red flag... he didn't realize the geographic distances.

Just a quick note, Google now allows searching by images.
http://images.google.com/
A quick search using the url of the fb profile picture revealed a lot.

List of links deleted. FF
Last edited by firefly on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links deleted. FF
CA_Swan
New survivor

Re: andreschott88@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:19 pm

CA_Swan,

Thank you for reporting the scammer here. Those information can save other potential victims. But...
Is good to know if the pictures are used online with other identities, but searching by pictures only is not a valid option to spot a scammer - see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=332 to understand why.
Also, we do not post links here from other anti-scam sites. The information about the scammer must be posted by the person who receive the messages and is completed by proper researches.

Can you post the header from the emails received, to pinpoint his real location?
If the location don´t match with the place where he pretends to be you have a scam proof.
In the same time, if you know he is scammer and you met him using your real life details on the dating site, just stop any contact without a word.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Avatar on Yahoo - first picture reported in the first post above

On Facebook,
Andre Schott aka andre.schott.351
Studied at Texas Tech University
Lives in Chicago, Illinois
From Destin, Florida
Male
Joined Facebook February 6

Stolen images used:

On Tagged,
Andre S, 42
michigan, Nigeria
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:38 pm

About +19159962367:

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location El Paso, TX
Original network provider* Level 3 Communications, Llc - Tx
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby CA_Swan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

This is the full header.
I will need some help with the technicalities... and would like to know how to find the actual location for myself.
I receive my mail via yahoo from a host address in CA.

A search using the sender's email lead to discovery of a posting on another scam site with the same pictures and exact phrasing of the introductory paragraph... dated from Nov 2012.

Return-Path: <andreschott88@yahoo.com>
X-Originating-IP: [64.18.241.47]
Resent-From: xxx
Resent-Message-Id: <B0440722354@virtual1.oacys.com>
Resent-Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:44:02 -0800
X-Modus-Audit: FALSE;0;0;0
DomainKey-Status: unknown
Received: from nm9-vm0.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com (nm9-vm0.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com [98.139.213.154]) by virtual1.oacys.com
(Vircom SMTPRS 5.1.1024.13396) with SMTP id <B0440722349@virtual1.oacys.com> for <xxx>;
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:44:00 -0800
Received-SPF: none (virtual1.oacys.com: domain of andreschott88@yahoo.com
does not designate any permitted senders)
X-Modus-ReverseDNS: OK
X-Modus-BlackList: 98.139.213.154=OK;andreschott88@yahoo.com=OK
X-Modus-RBL: 98.139.213.154=OK
X-Modus-Trusted: 98.139.213.154=NO
X-Modus-Audit: FALSE;0;0;0
Received: from [98.139.212.152] by nm9.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 25 Feb 2013 19:43:59 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.203] by tm9.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 25 Feb 2013 19:43:59 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1012.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 25 Feb 2013 19:43:59 -0000

Received: from [199.255.209.164] by web160602.mail.bf1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:43:59 PST

Reply-To: Andre Schott <andreschott88@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: your add on craiglist
CA_Swan
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Thank you for posting the header, CA_Swan. We have edit it. In the same time, we deleted your own email address out from there. When you post, please, try to delete first your own real life details if mentioned - email address, real name, real location. We try to protect the real identity of our users here.

Header Analysis:

Originating IP: 199.255.209.164
Originating ISP: Websystemconsulting
Country of Origin: Anonymous Proxy
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.