Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Bryan Smith <bryansmith988@yahoo.com>

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Bryan Smith <bryansmith988@yahoo.com>

Unread postby firefly » Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 pm

On net log,

Hmmmmm... there you re,, I've been searching all over for you.... where have you been?.. i don't think you've been on this planet all this while, because if you were, i would have by chance come in contact with you.... now you tell me something,,,how did you caught me?...i've never had such a feelings before, i mean to say many words, but words re no expression to the way i feel at this splendid moment.... Am BRYAN SMITH, and would love to know more about you...

what if we chat onto yahoo messenger,,,,bryansmith988@yahoo.com

Profile elements:

bryansmith9
bryan smith
41 years old - male - United States
29 visitors since 3 May 2012

Email:

Yes just as you may already know, my name is Bryan, am from Maryland US...am single and searching for you and no one else,,I'm into oil and gas....... am a fun loving person, i love to love and be loved, i have few fears and huge bravery....you know they say real recognize real, there's really something about you that couldn't , make me walk pass when i first saw you, i had this shaken knees which has never happen in my entire life....i want you to understand that this is a feeling i cant fight.....i tried not to write to you these words but the pen wouldn't stop written... what can i do to have you all for my self....i feel like I've known you all my life and it also feels like a second chance but the first impression... if you don't mind i'd like you to tell me a little bit more about you, in wish to know.....hoping to get back from you..take good care of you self and stay good..

Header:

Received: from [41.71.185.99]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 05:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

Originating IP: 41.71.185.99
Originating ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: bryansmith988@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 am

Other stolen pictures with the same person used in scams:

Entire gallery (35 pictures) is posted on http:/ /escrocdunet.canalblog.com/albums/il_est_de_partout____/index.html - with the tag "identity thief".
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Anderson Mark <andersonmark80@ymail.com>

Unread postby shanelle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 am

This guy also uses the name Mark Anderson "just call me Anderson" - he didn't actually ask me for any money for several months - but he did try to get me to come visit him in England. I think he actually had a crush on me. I knew immediately he wasn't who he said but since he wasn't yet trying to scam me and I was unemployed I just enjoyed my chats with him. The way he spoke he sounded maybe early 20's... but when a guy that looks like this and says he is 40, likes US tv shows and music the typical teen boy likes and starts telling you he loves you after 3 or 4 chats... something is off! I kept telling him that and laughing at him and his declarations of love but he just kept sending me (plagerized) love poems and asking me to come visit him in England - over and over. Wouldn't video conference though.

I have no idea who he is but he did use the same pictures that this Bryan Smith used - I got he feeling from the things he said that he was actually from the US. His slang was too current and he wouldn't use a phone just the Yahoo chat to talk. He also came up as:Mike Fontaine; Michel Benoit; Larry Brooks; Daniel Lorman and Don RENAUD ou Ferdinand BRIDOUX. That is all with just one picture! I never did find out who he really was but he never did get me to "fall in love" either and that more than anything else seemed to frustrate him - but hey my home boys taught me how to spot a playa at a hundred yards... and BAM this guy sure was! I told him that he really needed to pick someone who couldn't get a date in her own country if he needed to scam that bad - even that didn't scare him off - like I said I got the feeling that I was his off hours fun flirtation... at least for 4 months.

It wasn't until I eventually asked why his account had been removed from the site(2 months prior to my mentioning it) that he started to freak out and about 2 weeks after that started to ask me for "help" - I told him to sell the home he claimed to own or take a second mortgage since all he needed was a couple hundred lbs - he said he couldn't as he wasn't in England at the time, he was in Scotland... When I called it straight up that time saying 'OH COME ON! If you are trying to scam someone you should at least know that while different countries they are both part of the UK... do your homework!' that he got all upset and finally deactivated the email completely... no idea if he has started using it again but it is: Anderson Mark <andersonmark80@ymail.com>; the email does seem to be an actual English yahoo account. The man in the pics is definitely a very handsome man. No clue who he is as all the google search seems to bring up are more and more fake identities... too bad... wonder if the real man would appreciate just how many "people" he is and how popular his pictures seem to be!

Once again the email and name he used with me is: Anderson Mark <andersonmark80@ymail.com>
Last edited by firefly on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email address into subject matter
shanelle
New survivor

Re: andersonmark80@ymail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 am

Hello, shanelle, and welcome on ScamSurvivors!

Thank you for the update.
The email address is still active - using as avatar on image already reported in this topic.
Do you have more details about this one? Where he pretends to be, what´s his story?
If you received emails from him, can you, please, post the first two of them ( edit your name if is mentioned in text before to post).
Any detail can save other potential victim.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Bryan Smith <bryansmith988@yahoo.com>

Unread postby ScamWatch » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:15 pm

This same guy just sent me a smile on DharmaMatch. Not sure what name he is going by these days as I didn't contact him, but he says he's living in Boston with his nine-year-old son.

Here's his profile:

https:/ /www.dharmamatch.com/ profile.php?ID=100888

I'm a good looking single parent of a 9 years old boy who lives with me on a regular basis,I enjoy spending time outdoors and indoors. I like to laugh and I have a good sense of humor. I would like to be in contact with a woman who wants to be in a serious relationship,I value honesty and faithfulness of my partner very much so I'd prefer to be with a woman who is loyal.
Basics

Height: 5 10" (178 cm)
Body Type: Average
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Grey
Hair Length: Short
Attractiveness: Attractive
My Sign: Scorpio
I speak: English
Education: Graduate Degree
Annual Income: No Answer
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Lifestyle

Diet: A Little of Everything
Smoking: No
Drinking: No
Exercise: exercise occasionally
I live with: Live with kids
Have kids: Yes, living with me
Want children: I'm not sure
Pets: Other
How I spend my free time:
I spend my free time with my son mostly but I also enjoy some outdoor activities especially canoeing,boating,kayaking,swimming,jogging and running
Personality

My Personality:
Strong, Caring, Funny
When out with friends, I'm usually:
Trying to be a good listener
Interests

My interests, hobbies, and pastimes include...
Eating Out, Movies, Museums, Music (listening), Painting & Drawing, Reading, Science, Television, Theater, Travel, Video Games, Volunteering, Writing
The physical activities I'm interested in are:
Basketball, Bowling, Camping, Dancing, Golf, Gym/Weightlifting, Hiking/Backpacking, Running, Skiing, Swimming, Tennis, Walking
Values

The virtues I consider most important are...
Honesty, Humility, Kindness
My political inclination can be described as...
No Answer
Spirituality

Spiritual Orientation:
Spiritual but not religious
I consider my spirituality...
No Answer
I consider the purpose of my spirituality to be...
Finding happiness and peace within
After the body dies...
Other
Who I'm Looking For

I'm seeking a:
Woman (33 to 60)
Ethnicity:
Any
Height:
4' 6" to 6' 6" (137cm to 198cm)
Body Type:
Any
Hair Color:
Any
She should speak:
English
Education:
Doesn't Matter
Annual Income:
Doesn't Matter
Smoking:
Doesn't Matter
Drinking:
Doesn't Matter
Vegetarian:
Doesn't Matter
Has children:
Doesn't Matter
Wants children:
Doesn't Matter
Personality:
Doesn't Matter
When out with friends, she would be...
Doesn't Matter
Spiritual Orientation:
Any
She would consider her faith or spirituality...
Doesn't Matter

ScamWatch
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Thank you for the update, ScamWatch.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby ScamWatch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Just contacted me on Dharma Match (again! after signing up under a new profile). Here's his latest:
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2017-09-17_at_1.53.07_PM.png
ScamWatch
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Image details converted to text:

howdynate
Close to the heart and mindbrain"
I am a: 51-year-old Man (Widowed)
Located in: Boston, MA (USA)
‘é‘ ' Seeking a: Woman (20 to 60)
For: Friendship, Dating, Serious Relationship, Marriage
4 Spirituality: Spiritual but not religious
Smile at Him I Email Him
About Me
I am a good looking single parent of a 9 year old boy,I enjoy spending time with my
son doing things that he loves together and taking care of him is high on my priority. I
listen to music,watd1 television and spend time in the outdoors for fun but I also play
golf,tennis and soccer when I‘m not busy.
Basics
Height: 5 10" (178 cm) My Sign: Scorpio
Body Type: Average English,
I speak:
Eye Color: Brown Swedish
Hair Color: Grey Occupation: Consultant
Hair Length: Short Education: Graduate
Attractiveness: Attractive Degree
Annual
No Answer
Income:
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Lifestyle
Diet' Vegetarian, Junk Food Addict, A Little of I live with: Live with kids
Evefvthing . , Yes, living with
Have kids.
Smoking: No me
Drinking: No Want
Im not sure
Exercise: exercise occasionally children.
Pets: Other
How I spend my free time:
Personality
My Personality:
Confident, Intelligent, Strong
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

eniklasson@yahoo.com

Unread postby Almost burned » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi,
I two weeks ago got a message from the guy using these same photos on dharmamatch.com. He said his name was Erik Niklasson and had a yahoo email address. He said he was a widow from Boston and had an 11 year old son named Brian. We emailed back and forth a few times and he was very convincing. He came across as very loving and on a legitimate spiritual path. He 'fell for me' very quickly, which seemed odd. He said he loved me, blah , blah and that he was a contractor on oil rigs specializing in drilling. He seemed interested and asked a few questions about me at the start but then he seemed to disregard my personal comments, which also seemed odd. Anyway, he said he was on a contract on an oil rig and some problem came up with the funding for getting his shipment and he needed some money or the whole thing would fail. He said his sister 'Alice had already sent him $10,000 to cover the shortfall and he needed $7000. I said don't you have a bank or friends or family and he had excuses for all of them. I said no. Then today he said 'My sister sent me $5000 so I only need another $2000." I knew it was way off, but I still almost did it! Luckily my bank wouldn't let me do it! They said they see about 5-6 cases like this per week and they have strong security on wire transfers. I am so embarrassed that I almost fell for this! I am usually a very sensible woman, but have an open heart. English was definitely his second language, but he was proficient at it. He said he was from Sweden.
Almost burned
New survivor

Re: eniklasson@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Almost burned,

Good thing the bank saved you from more damage. Can you try, please, to forward to me all the details you have about this scammer? Messages received, pictures, phone numbers, email addresses used, fake documents (if...) You can find my email address bellow under every post I made on the forum. We will edit all the elements about you - if mentioned in the messages - and we will keep just the details about the scammer, because if posted right those info may save another victim before to be too late.

You have here : https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=26504 some steps you need to follow for protecting yourself after being targeted by a scammer.

Here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=37058 you have few elements that might help you during the recovery stage.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.