Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My story + advices

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

My story + advices

Unread postby Mallymkun » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:32 am

Hey,
sorry for my bad grammer, not a native speaker.. wanted to write here for a while now.

so i got scammed 8 days ago in that old "chatroullete>skype>scammer showed a video of me (not via link, instantly) and f/b friends and wanted money" method.
I did all the steps (thank god for this site) and meanwhile, things seems to be in order.
I admit that i still check A LOT for my name, I'm guessing that it'll stop eventually.

the first day was the hardest, couldn't eat and sleep. the next days were better by far. I want to give you guys some advice from my experience, if I may (I hope I don't go over the forum rules, this is not my intention!):

1. tell someone in the REAL world. I told my wife (and it wasn't easy, trust me)and it was very helpful to get that stress off my chest.
2. your worst enemy is your own mind. in the last week my mind was racing with questions, what if's and scenarios. you gotta relex! don't stay at home by yourself, go out and do something! be with your friends, family, loved ones as much as possible. once you get through the first days, you'll be fine :)
3. I know not everyone gonna like what i'm going to say now, but it helped me... have some proportion. so you jacked off. EVERYONE does that. if someone will see that video (again, chances are slim to none) big Effin' deal. we don't care about that stuff. think about it - it's an era when ISIS posting awful murders, every celeb have a sex tape and etc.. and we don't care as we used to. who cares about a random guy jerkin' off? people will move on on the next scandal instantly. maybe it's just me, but you gotta have proportion.
4. beware of your apps and broswers. I entered this site where the comments are via facebook and it activated my account!!! I found this by some miracle - I'm using my wife facebook to monitor requests and to see that my profile is actually deactivated. ask from a friend his login details so you can verify that too.
delete apps that using facebook and also reset your broswer settings. that's what i did.
5. try to think of the positive outcome. life without facebook is preety nice. I also mastered the security setting all over the WEB :D it's important to know that stuff regardless the scam.
6. READ as much as you can here, there are great advices here.
7. occuipy your mind with another positive thoughts. try to listen to happy music, see a comedy or just breathe slowly and relax. it won't do nothing to sit and worry all day. do the steps that you CAN. what you can't control, let go.

Hope that helps someone... stay positive and THANK YOU SO MUCH ADMINS. you are great!
Mallymkun
New survivor

Re: My story + advices

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:51 am

Mallymkun, thanks for posting your thoughts and advice here to help others get over their own scam. That is not always an easy thing to do. Thanks for taking the time to point people down the right path to take looking forward. :D
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Mallymkun » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:47 am

Hey,
wanted to ask a question:
I'm gonna fo full month without f/b cuz the scammer was from morroco.
I can't change the url cuz there is no other way to write my name.
how bad is it? should i open a new account or it's not so bad?
Mallymkun
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 pm

How about just using first name and Initial for last name? Your friends and family know your last name.
Or, you could make a new fb if you want to.
After a month, the chances of them even looking again are practically nil.
I wouldn't worry about the scammer returning, focus on protecting yourself from future scams.

Use the time until then to read about securing your online accounts and privacy settings so you have less problems with any future events occurring. Think about whether or not you want to share your own details with total strangers. Do you really know that "Friend" in your FB list? You might want to due some culling of your friends and contact lists. :ugeek:
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Mallymkun » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:32 pm

yeah, my thoughts exactly. i'll do just that. thanks!
Mallymkun
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com