Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Cameroon Government Contract Bidding Scams

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

Re: Cameroon Government Contract Bidding Scams

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 am

Old 26 February 2011, 19:04

FW Admin
Administrator

More scam details:

MINISTRY OF FINANCE/ MINISTERE DES FINANCE
CONFORMITY /CERTIFICATION EPARTMENT
N° 13 RUE GAULLE BONANJO, GOVT HOUSE
TEL /00237 331-690-24
FAX / 00237 334-271-381
CONTACT MR FRITZ NGINI / controller
Email: info@camgov-c.com
DOUALA CAMEROON

CAMEROON GOVERNMENT INFORMATION DEPARTMENT
UNITY PALACE
5 Rue de gaulle, Boulevard de l’independence
B.p. 160112 / 160211 TELEX: KN55011 CM
TEL / +237 331 690 24
FAX/ +237 331 6 01 201
DOUALA LITTORAL REGION
Email : info@camgov-c.com

and

WHOIS:

Code: Select all
Domain Name: ACCESSTOCAMEROON.COM
Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
Whois Server: whois.onlinenic.com
Referral URL: http://www.OnlineNIC.com
Name Server: NS1.STARBICHOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.STARBICHOSTING.COM
Updated Date: 23-feb-2011
Creation Date: 23-feb-2011
Expiration Date: 23-feb-2012

This scam site has been kicking around for a while:

Code: Select all
Domain Name.......... camgov-c.com
  Creation Date........ 2009-09-02
  Registration Date.... 2009-09-02
  Expiry Date.......... 2011-09-02
  Organisation Name.... Anne Kelley
  Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
  Organisation Address.
  Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
  Organisation Address. 94088
  Organisation Address. CA
  Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
  Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
  Admin Address........ registered post accepted only
  Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
  Admin Address........ 94088
  Admin Address........ CA
  Admin Address........ US
  Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
  Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
  Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
  Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
  Tech Address......... registered post accepted only
  Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
  Tech Address......... 94088
  Tech Address......... CA
  Tech Address......... US
  Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
  Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
  Tech Fax.............
  Name Server.......... ns1.officelive.com
  Name Server.......... ns2.officelive.com

Sample scam email:

Sample emails:

MINISTRY OF FINANCE/ MINISTERE DES FINANCE

CONFORMITY /CERTIFICATION EPARTMENT

N° 13 RUE GAULLE BONANJO, GOVT HOUSE

TEL /00237 331-690-24

FAX / 00237 334-271-381

CONTACT MR FRITZ NGINI / controller

Email: info@camgov-c.com
DOUALA CAMEROON

Our ref: Moh/54125511/dla01/11 Date: 25/02/2011.

SUBJECT: THE REQUIREMENTS FOR CONFORMITY CERTIFICATION
ATTN.TO/ [Name Withheld]

We acknowledge the receipt of your application mail of certification along with your payment transfer file which has been received by this ministry from the paying bank of your client for the payment of the transaction between your firm & M/S: INTERCONTINENTAL GROUP LTD CAMEROON

Consequently, after our verification of the payment transfer file with the foreign trade act checking and control laws of CEMAC ( central African economic / monetary community) which Cameroon is a signatory, we found out that its your first time of export here, and according to the trade act of, which states that for every foreign company exporting here for the first time needs to certify their firm/products with this ministry to ensure It conforms to our standard and regulations and ensure that this payment to be wired to you is free from any financial related crime such as terrorism support, money laundering and related issues, also the buyer and the seller have to deposit a security bond of 4% of the total order value as 50/50 which is a refundable fee for the clearance of their transfer; after which you will be issued the conformity certificate from this ministry to enable you be exporting here without any breach to your business by the government of Cameroon, hence below are the requirements for the certification as:

1. YOUR BUSINESS REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE COPY.
2. THE PRODUCTS DETAILS AND PICTURES FOR OUR CHECKING & CONFIRMATION.
3. FILL THE ATTACHED FORM AND RETURN TO THIS MINISTRY.
4. RETURN THE FORM FILLED WITH THE EXPORT CONFORMITY CERTIFICATION FEE OF CATEGORY “A” = EURO: 2487.5 which is your 50% part of the 4% of the total order value to be deposited with us which will be refunded back to your firm after while the bank of the buyer will be transferring payment.
5. CONFIRMATION LETTER (which is to be written by your company with your company letter head document also signed and stamped) STATING THAT YOUR FIRM HAVE NOT BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY FORM OF FINANCIAL RELATED CRIME

Note the security bond deposit certification fee stated above is not deductible from the transaction payment because the money has been declared as to be transferred to you and confirmed by the foreign trade ministry so any alteration to that already declared amount will mean money laundering which is a crime under Cameroon laws.

Regarding the remittance of the security bond part of your own, we have attached an invoice to this mail which details the purpose of the fee and bank coordinates to enable you remit the fee after which you should send us the transfer slip for confirmation.

Also you confirm the reliability of the certification requirements by visiting the official government site regarding business here as: http://accesstocameroon.com/business.html

Upon which once we receive the fee with the requirements we will finalize and issue you the certificate without much delay and will authorize the bank to transfer your money, and the security bond deposit shall be returned back to your company, as this certification is a one time certificate which will serve your company for al your export in the CEMAC ( economic community of central African regional member nations such as; Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Gabon, Sao tome &Principe, equatorial guinea and central African republic etc), within 5years and can be renewed upon expirations .

Hence you are to send the requirements soonest for the certification of your firm after which the bank will be authorized to complete the wire transfer.

Yours Faithfully,
Hon, MR FABRICE NGINI / controller
Registrar: MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Republic of Cameroon

Disclaimer:-

The information(s) in this e-mail or in any of its attachments is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy it, distribute it, and disclose its contents to a third party or take action in reliance on it. Please notify this authority if you received this email in error and delete it immediately. We do not accept liability for any person acting or failing to act on the information contained in this message if not the intended recipient as communication via e-mail over the internet is not 100% secure and messages may be read, manipulated or compromised by third parties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SENT FROM THE: CAMEROON MINISTRY –CERTIFICATION & REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT

TEL/ (00237) 331-690-24 FAX/ (00237) 334-271-381, 301-223-01

E-mail: info@camgov-c.com

Dated: 2011-02-25

> Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:13:00 +0200
> From: [email address withheld]
> To: info@camgov-c.com
> Subject: To Mr Ngini
>
> Dear Sir,
> INTERCONTINENTAL GROUP LTD CAMEROON informed us that we will need to certify our company and products with you before we start trading. Up to now we haven't had such requirements, that is why we kindly ask you to clarify for us what exactly we need to give you as papers and what to do in order to make this certification. We are a company dealing with the manufacture of shoe soles. We are situated in [Address withheld].
> We are looking forward to your competent advice.
> Thank you in advance!
> Best regards: [Name Withheld]
>

HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:24 am

1 March 2011, 05:48
Unregistered

Cameroon
Hello,
thanks to fraudwatchers. Today I received this mail from a wellknown client of fraudwatchers. Thanks to you and your work:
The mail:
"Dear Sir,

We are Tripleat Consulting Services base in Cameroon and currently looking for a good and reliable Manufacturer or supplier who can help us handle this contract supply of about 94,000 pieces of HELMET and 94,000 pieces VEST to the Cameroon Peoples Democratic Movement (CPDM). equip the Military(s) in all the states.

This project will last for the terms and your production duration, payment terms is 100% T T payment from the committee before shipment.

The awarding committee chairman advise me to apply that he is going to secure this contract to my favour if only I will be working with a good and liable supplier for this contract bid. Note that we are working here as your local agent for this contract bid as we will be working hard here to see that your company wins this contract , but you will be adding 1% of the total invoices value for my company commission .

1. Ballistic Helmet ------------------- Quantities 54,000

2. Bullet Proof Vest -------------------- Quantities 54,000

Kindly confirm back to me if you can handle this contract for us and we will give you more details and please quotes us your best offers and prices.

Thanks as we wait for your response.

Solange A. Lembe
CEO/President
Tripleat Consulting Services
Yaounde Capital City
Republic of Cameroon
Email: tripleatconsultingfirm@gmail.com
info.tripleatconsultingfirm@gmail.com

Old 1 March 2011, 22:28

Dodobird
Support

Timezone: GMT
Languages: English Français Español
Thank you for posting this unregistered! I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra "scammer" publicity!

Old 15 March 2011, 00:23
SuernovaDY

Timezone: GMT+2
Languages: English
Another Letter
Well, I am new here. Few days ago we received in the company an e-mail with offer to take part in some Governmental project in Cameroon. My boss was so excited about this oportunity that he started to calculate the profit immediately. My sixth sense told me that it might be a scam. You cannot imagine how surprised I was to find your site. I decided to post the letter here:

"Dear Sir

We look forward establishing a good business with your firm but before I proceed, I will like to introduce our company for your proper understanding of us:
We are importers of general merchandize based here in douala Cameroon our field of business includes : health care products, medicines, foods and beverages, household items, etc ; we consequently work as local contractors to some good reliable firms and private companies here in sourcing for reliable supplier to any of their demand once we receive same, to this end we have checked with the contract commission of Cameroon and the have demand of your health care products for their project here in Cameroon, After checking the demand details with the contract board of the CAC the have confirmed their demand of your goods as detailed below:
FISH OIL
Group: VITAMINS and IMMUNOSTIMULATORS
specification
200 soft gelatin capsules
Each capsule contains:
• Fish oil 37,5 mg (OMEGA 3 fatty acids)
Needed for 100000 packs of 200 soft gelatin capsules
VITAMIN A - 250 mg
Group: VITAMINS and IMMUNOSTIMULATORS
specification
60 soft gelatin capsules
Each capsule contains:
Vitamin А- palmitat 1500 µg
Beta carotene 1 mg
Soya bean oil and gelatin
Needed for 300000 packs of 60 soft gelatin capsules
St. JOHN's WORT
Group: ESSENTIAL OILS and HEALTH
specification
60 soft gelatin capsules
Each capsule contains:
• St. John's Wort oil extract
• Soya Lecithin
• Soya bean oil 250 mg.
Needed for 500000 packs of 60 soft gelatin capsules

The authority that has launched this contract demand is the
CAMEROON BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING COMMISSION
Under the auspices of the MINISTRY OF HEALTH
C.B.P.C.C HEADQUARTERS, UNITY PALACE
N° 7 Rue Presidentielle, Boulevard d'ahmadou ahidjo
Govt, House 9th floor
TEL/ +237 331 690 24
FAX/ +237 331 6 01 201
DOUALA LITTORAL REGION
E-mail: info@camnet-cm.com

http://camgov.net46.net/tender363a.h...resspm&lang=en Dead

The above government organisation is the firm that needs the above goods for their project. The Cameroon Contract procurement committee confirmed that the need these goods to be supplied within 15 months from the date of payment confirmed by your end as partial shipment is allowed but you must make sure that the whole order is delivered on time. Payment for this contract supply shall be coming as 100% in advance after contract signing and sealing between your firm and them if this Contract is awarded to your firm.

Therefore, you are to check and send me the best Quotation of the above needed goods that you have now if possible In C&F to douala seaport Cameroon per pack with my company Commission of 2% per pack included while quoting which you should be remitting back to me after you have confirmed payment from the board as my company profit for this business, hence send me the best quotes to enable me go and check with the board and come back to you with Their next comments as I will be working here to ensure your firm gets this contract and hope that you will not disappoint me about my commission remittance if we actualize this project. Also confirm if you have handled any supply here to enable me know how best to present your firm towards ensuring your company secures this project.

Mr Geoffrey "

This is it! My company is not running after this "business oportunity". )
Thank you for keeping this helpful forum and take care!

Old 15 March 2011, 01:55

mysteryquest
Support

Timezone: GMT-8
Thanks for posting the new scam Cameroon government website: http://camgov.net46.net It won't be long for this world now that's been uncovered. I'm glad you weren't scammed. You should show your boss these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14268
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14259

http://camgov.net46.net Dead
TEL/ +237 331 690 24
FAX/ +237 331 601 201
DOUALA LITTORAL REGION
Email : info.camgov@cameroon.cc

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 am

19 March 2011, 11:59
Janusz

REQUEST FOR BUSINESS OPINION
Is there anybody who may give any recommendation of the following companies in Cameroon, having had business contacts with them before :

MR NGOH ADAMS
SALES MANAGER
CAMODIAGLOBALOILEXPORTERS LTD
CAMEROON
----------
MR TRAVIS MORGAN
HELSEIN SA
SONAC STREET, BAMENDA,
NW REGION CAMEROON
----------

YOUR ANSWER WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE

JANUSZ

Old 19 March 2011, 12:45

mysteryquest
Support

@ Janusz So that there is no mistaken identity involve, please post the phone numbers, email addresses and website address that this company is using.

7 April 2011, 01:11
agrator

Timezone: GMT+1
Languages: English Français Deutsch Español Italiano
CIDEX SARL in Cameroon
Hi,

I have just received this email, I am 99% sure it is a scam but just wanted to check if someone has received a similar email with the same details. After reading some threads on the forum I think the 2% comission topic makes it clear what it is about:

Dear sir / Madame

We currently working with the MINISTRY OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS CAMEROON for the supply of -Potato Diggers -Chisels -Bed Former -Clod-Crushers -Stone Burier -Disc Harrows -Rotary Harrows -Concrete Mixers -Rotary Tillers -Shredders

The National Resource Development (Narede) are looking for foreign contractor who can handle the supply of your Products upon 100% advance T/T into the suppliers account and within 18 month supply.
We willing to introduce your firm to Narede if you can guarantee us of 2%commission after the supply.

If you are capable of handling this supply project,kindly indicate your interest by sending us your price list and product catalogue to enable us give you further details and directives to enable you quote best competitive price CIF or FOB port.

We are waiting for your response to enable us move forward.

Mr Takang F Glen
Cidex Sarl
C/no:159 Avenue round point

Tel / Fax : 00237 9 824 3827
Douala,Littoral
Cameroon

Thanks and best regards.

Old 7 April 2011, 03:32

poirot
Support

If you are capable of handling this supply project,kindly indicate your interest by sending us your price list and product catalogue to enable us give you further details and directives to enable you quote best competitive price CIF or FOB port.

Mr Takang F Glen
Cidex Sarl
Douala,Littoral
Cameroon

Yes it's a scam. Just about 100% of Internet offers from Cameroon are frauds regardless of products. Since many of these thieves can barely put two sentences together they tend to recycle their text composition as this one did:
http://www.free-press-release.com/news-agriculture-stock-products-needed-1286651869.html
October 9, 2010 --
Our representative will visit your country for inspection once the production is completed.

cynabltd@gmail.com
We remain
Mr Godfrey Onah
CEO

5 May 2011, 04:29
Unregistered

Smile Republic of Benin
Hi, a few days ago we have received interesting letter:

Dear ...
We are written you this email with our best interest .

We are Keron Consulting Services base in Benin and currently looking for a good and reliable Manufacturer or supplier which can help us handle this contract supply of huge quantities of Naval Equipment to the Benin Peoples Democratic Movement (BPDM). to equip Defence Ministry In all the states of Benin.

This project will last for the terms and your production duration, payment terms is 100% TT payment from the committee before shipment .

The awarding committee chairman advise me to apply that is going to secure this contract to my favour if only I will be working with a good and liable supplier for this contract bid. Note that we are working here as your local agent for this contract bid as we will be working hard here to see that your company wins this contract , but you will be adding 5% to the total invoices value for my company commission, below is the selected equipment we pinpoint from your websites.

1. Marine computers and Navigation echo sounder,

Kindly confirm back to me if you can handle this contract for us and we will give you more details and please quotes us your best offers and prices . Thanks as we wait for your response.

Keron Chiodini
CEO/President
01 BP 1446 Cotonou
Republic of Benin
Email: keronconsulting@rediffmail.com

"Dear ...

Thank you for your mail and the attachments which are well explanatory. The unit price is needed at this time to be able to secure this contract on the care of your company. I suggest that you humbly prepare PI for single unit for Navigation echo sounder (xxx) and Marine computer with the below information.

THE MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
REPUBLIC OF BENIN
ADDRESS: BPDM CONGRESS HALL, COTONOU CAPITAL CITY, 01 BP 2900 COTONOU, BENIN
CONTACT PERSON: HON: PIERRE PAUL OSHO (CHAIRMAN TENDER BOARD)
EMAIL: paulatanga898@minister.com

The PI should bear the above name as the end buyer and also include our 5% commission to the price on each Product for our company and the Honourable Chairman in charge of the Contract Award Committee.

The Ministry would be contacting you with contract document (TENDER) for the requested supplies and the quantities needed for the item selected from your website.
Just go ahead and make a PI for a single unit and send it to paulatanga898@minister.com and a copy to me as well.My office number +22996344167 call me any time during office days (Monday to Friday) ."

" Attn: XXXX,

I am here to confirm that I received your details from keron Consultants (Keron Chiodini) that your company can handle a contract supply of Ministry of Defence Equipment to our government.

My name is Hon. PIERRE PAUL OSHO, I am minister on special duties with office of the President and chairman board of trustees, Benin Peoples Democratic Movement, who is awarding the contract. I am mandated to lead this contract committee for the Tender, Award and payment of the contract.

We have gone through your company website and the attachments presented before the committee by Keron Chiodini, and were interested for your company to become our government contractor/Supplier of 300units of NAVIGATOR ECHO-SOUNDER FOR NAVY AND 400UNITS OF ECDIS FOR WARSHIPS.

In our committee meeting we agreed that I should negotiate this supply with you so that we can award you the contract and make some gain of which I instructed the consultant to negotiate 5% commission with your company. Therefore I want to know the following from you:-

(1) The 5% commission which you have agreed with Keron Chiodini is for us in each of the units we will buy from you and after you receive your payment and handle the contract then you return the excess money back to us (My Team)?

(2) I want to know if your company will be able to meet the below terms of the contract?.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT

(1) Duration: the duration of the contract is 182months or less after payment. The contractor may choose to deliver in bits but the full contract has to be completed on or before 12 months after full payment cleared in your bank.

(2) Evidence of incorporation of company under Ohada Uniform Act.

(3) Evidence of current registration with the Benin Peoples Democratic Movement.

(4) Evidence of financial capability to handle the project/bank reference from any first class bank and must at least have 20% of the total contract value/sum. This attestation has to be submitted on or before payment release date.

(5) Terms for payment: 100% payment: on your acceptance of our contract proposal, (70%) of the total contract sum will be transfer to your account and the balance (30%) also handed over to you by irrevocable letter of credit bank releasable prior to shipment.

Do not hesitate to ask questions on anything you may like to know and more details will be giving to you. See the attached Tender with the deadline for this contract bid

Regards,
His Excellency
Hon: PIERRE PAUL OSHO
Chairman Tender Board,
REPUBLIC OF BENIN
Email: paulatanga898@minister.com

" Attn: XXXX
Thank you for your mail and your 5% commission services charge to Keron Chiodini which is our benefit on awarding this contract to your company and with your cooperation, the contract is yours.

The deadline for this Tender is on 16th MAY, 2011.It is very important you get back to us on the Terms and condition of this contract, because in as much as you will be giving out 5% commission services charge , your company must fulfil the contract obligation to enable your company be distinguish among other contractors for this contract.

On the Evidence of Incorporation of company under OHADA Uniform Act, it is very important that your company is register under it as it is the law before any contract is awarded to any international company, of which I am recommending a lawyer to help your company through this process and register your company so that we don't have any issue along the line. Below are the details of the lawyer.

Name: Mike Anderson of Mike Anderson & Associates
Address: 1 GEORGE TOWN FARM COTTAGES
BALLINDALLOCH, BANFFSHIRE AB37 9BA
Tel: +44 792 456 2299
Email: andersonmike2000@gmail.com
mikeanderson55@consultant.com

Contact him and make reference to me, he will help you facilitate the registration of your company name with the OHADA Uniform. The Evidence of current registration with the Benin Peoples Democratic Movement can be register too by Mike Anderson and we will be waiting for your Company Financial Capability of handling this project/bank reference.

70% is the first advance payment by T/T to your account which you will provide to us and 30% will be paid to your company before the final supply of the product.

Note that the lawyer Mike Anderson base in UK but associated with East and Central Africans, is in position to get your company registered, he will help you facilitate the registration of your company name with the OHADA Uniform. You should know that the ministry cannot wait indefinitely to award the contract to your company.

I advised you to go ahead with this contract by contacting Mike and make reference to me for assistance with the registration. This person has done lot of registration with some international company that want to do business in Africa. Do contact him immediately and get back to me as soon as that is done. For more detail about OHADA view the link below: http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Jul/1/130357.html

Regards,
His Excellency
Hon: PIERRE PAUL OSHO
Chairman Tender Board,
REPUBLIC OF BENIN
Email: paulatanga898@minister.com

Old 5 May 2011, 10:21

Dodobird
Support

Hello unregistered!

Good for you for spotting the scam! Because that's all it is, a scam. The phone number given to you by "minister Atanga" is a mobile phone that has been used in this other scam.

Old 5 May 2011, 10:35

mysteryquest
Support

As you have apparently figured out. No real company or governmental agency uses a free email address such as mikeanderson55@consultant.com, keronconsulting@rediffmail.com and paulatanga898@minister.com consultant.com and minister.com are used specifically because they appear as if they could be official. See: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14256

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 am

23 May 2011, 15:52
Vincent

Oops A Whole New Level of Scam from Cameroon
A brilliant bit of scamming a whole order of magnitude better than anything seen in these pages before - I say as the potential scamee that lost no money, but did lose about 3 days working up this proposal and related activities.

The short story is that they used our website to send us an inquiry for 3,000 industrial size rubbish bins that they had decided they wanted to officially pay 1500 euros each, but only hand over 1100 to us, keeping the rest for themselves - and it appeared they had done this often in the past and this was how business was done in Cameroon. The fellow rang me, a real smoothie, excellent English speaking and quite comfortable with the corrupt business deal he was proposing. Well these bins cost about 700 euros landed so I said 1000 will be fine by us, after all I didn't know how many others had been sent the inquiry and it was still a pretty good profit! I was getting ready to fly to Cameroon where of course I would have been told about the fees I needed to pay, but fortunately the due diligence piece lead me here, thank you for putting this website together.

For those that want to muse over the details, or Google key phrases and turn up here, this is all the gory detail in chronological order, minus attachments and id info for me:

Sent: Wednesday, 11 May, 2011 2:18 AM
To:
Subject: Contract Supply

Attn; Sir/ Madam,

I am Honorable Simon Achidi Achu, the Vice Chairman of the CPDM Party (Cameroon People's Democratic Movement) which is the ruling Party in Cameroon. And the Chairman of the contract Award Committee of this contract supply of Hoppers for the CPDM Party of Cameroon. I got your contact from search engine and I learn that your company is into the production/supply of Hoppers.

The reason why I contacted you in this business is because I want us to work together in this business for mutual benefit.

Firstly I would like to know if your company can handle a contract supply of Hoppers for the CPDM Party(Government) of Cameroon.
- The volume of this supply is 5.000.000.00 Euros( Five Million Euros) supplied to the Douala Port of Cameroon.
- And the duration of the supply is 11 months from the date the contract is signed.
- The terms of payment is 100% immediately the contract is signed.

Due to the volume of this contract, I would like to hear directly from your director in order to enable us to quickly finalize this arrangement.

Get back to me in time.

Regards
Honorable Simon Achidi Achu
Chairman- Contract Award Committee
CPDM Party House - Congress Hall Bamenda
P.o Box 4008 Bamenda
Direct Line : 00237 78 90 89 67
Email : hon_achidiachu@live.com
____________________________________________________________ __________
From me, I am pretty casual about the enquiry, initial checks had found this enquiry could be real, but not certain as I couldn't find the guy / office in their phone book (http://cameroonphonebook.com/en/community/), but there were similar numbers listed which was a positive sign, but not sufficiently conclusive:
We certainly can supply hoppers in the requested timeframe. Please provide more details of your requirements, particularly details of size required and application of use. Thank you.

Sent: Wednesday, 18 May, 2011 1:09 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers
Attn Mr. me,
I would like to start by thanking you for your email.

I want you to understand that my main reason for contacting your company in this business is because I want us to work together in this business for mutual benefit. As the chairman of the award committee of this contract, I have all the powers of awarding this contract to any company I find eligible provided the company agrees to work with me in this contract on bases of my commission as I want to make a personal profit out of this whole business.

Below are the dimensions of the hoppers. But we can still consider some thin g similar provided it is of the same quality and has a good price as this is an open tender.b This hoppers are to be used for refuse dumping.
Dimensions
Height/in.: 41
Width/in.: 49
Depth/in.: 51-1/4
Capacity/lb.: 2000
Fork Ctrs./in.: 21-3/4
Cap/cu. yds.: 1-1/2

In order to break down details, like I said, the Party has budget the sum of Five million Euros to fund this entire contract and following our analysis, we the committee have decided that we are going to buy 3.000 pieces of these Hoppers at the price of 1.500 Euros each supplied to the Douala Port of Cameroon. So I want to know if your company can supply us with these Hoppers as per the above dimensions or some thing similar at the price of 1.100 Euros per hopper supplied to the Douala Port of Cameroon and while supplying, your invoice would be issued for 1.500 Euros according to the committee’s estimate and after the contract, you return to me 400.euros the over invoice money as my commission. Then I will take care of my committee members.

Also there are certain conditions which the Party has set aside that every company interested in participating in this contract and every Party contract has to fulfil in order to be qualified for participation in the contract and these conditions are to protect both the party’s interest and the company’s interest as well.

1. The company has to be registered in Cameroon under the OHADA Uniform Act as a government/Party supplier in order to be qualified for participation in the bidding process of this contract. And the registration has to be backdated to show that the company has been registered at least one year ago.

2. The company has to provide a bank attestation obtained from a first class Cameroon financial institution and the declaration should not be less than 30% of the contract value in order to prove the company's capability of handling such contracts.

3. Payment terms: The terms of payment are 100% advance payment upon official signing and sealing of the contract. The payment would be made through wire transfer based on :-
i) If the company attaches to her bid the bank attestation worth 30% of the contract value; the Party will pay 100% worth the contract value up front immediately the contract is signed.
ii) If the company did not attach to her bid the bank attestation as specified in conditions (2) above, then the company would supply before receiving any payment.

These conditions are as a result of the dubious behaviours of some companies in time past, as many companies have abused the Party confidence in them, as they receive advance payment on a contract and abandoned the contract; while others do not supply according to the quality agreed. The Party has decided that any company to be awarded a Party contract must work according to the above mentioned terms to enable us manage the risk. Either to present a bank attestation to prove their financial backing or to supply before any payment should be made.

I want you to understand that before contacting your company in this business, I had already mapped out a perfect strategy on how I want to handle this with the company that agrees to work with me on bases of my commission. Regarding the above conditions, you don't need to border about the payment condition because I am personally going to assist you on that.

- In order to present the bank attestation; all what you have to do is to open a bank account in Cameroon and I would provide you money worth 30% of the contract value to put into the account and the bank issue you the bank attestation which you would attach to your bid when bidding for the contract. Then after the contract has been awarded to your company, you withdraw back my money. But if you consider the bank attestation process as a long process, I am equally ready to assist you provide you with 100% funds to handle the entire contract and then you refund back my money along side my commission at the done of the contract when you receive payment from the government.

Let me know if there is any thing you did not understand.

Get back to me in time

Regards,

Honorable Simon Achidi Achu
Chairman- Contract Award Committee
CPDM Party House - Congress Hall Bamenda
P.o Box 4008 Bamenda
Direct Line : 00237 78 90 89 67
Email : hon_achidiachu@live.com
Oh, OK – I get it, and a bit of Googling shows this could easily be typical of how business is done in these parts, so I come back with:
Yes, I do believe we can do this business, exactly in accordance with the terms and requirements you have explained. And thank you for your complete and candid explanation of the opportunity to do the business. I am still awaiting confirmation of transport details but expect very soon to provide a formal offer to supply these hoppers and am sure you will be very happy with the product supplied if we are successful.

I then went on for a couple of pages with a bunch of details and a couple of q’s. and then sent another email the next day that started like this, I got a bit carried away ensuring we won the sucker (sic!):
I have good news, very good news! We have done further investigation with regard to manufacturing details and can confirm we can improve the product offered, reduce the delivery time AND reduce the actual price paid by you. I have attached our formal “official” offer for your consideration, but I can advise that your profit will now increase to 500 Euros each hopper. So that is an extra 300 thousand Euros of profit for you if our company is awarded this contract.

Of course more details went with that...!

Sent: Saturday, 21 May, 2011 2:00 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers - Good News

Attn; Mr. First name,

We had bad lines on phone and could barely discuss. I guess it is due to the poor whether condition here as it was raining. I wanted to speak with your on phone so that I can get to know you better and better know my partner. I am sure next time we would have a better network for communication.

Thank you very much for your attention and efforts in putting together things necessary for the realization of this business operation between us. I am very impressed with this and want to assure you that this contract is completely secured as we work together in this contract for mutual benefit.

Like I said in my last email, before contacting your company in this business, I had already mapped out a perfect strategy on how to handle this business with the company that agrees to work with me on bases of my commission. The most important thing was to ensure that I gain the full support of my committee member which I already did. You know as the chairman of this contract, having all the powers over this contract does not mean that my other committee members are not equally important. So I have to start by securing their full support of awarding this contract to the company I bring forth. So you have nothing to border about as we agree to work together in this contract and my interest secured

To tell you am happy here is an under statement. I am more than happy with the analysis you have come out with in this whole business especially regarding the price arrangement and my commission increase. Now I understand that you would be supplying the goods for us at the price of 1.000 Euros (best known only between the two of us) but while supplying, your invoice would be issued for 1.500 Euros according to the committee’s estimate and after the transaction, you return to me 500 Euros the over invoice money as my commission. In this case, just consider my part of this deal done.

As I said, the Party has budget the sum of 5.Million Euros for this entire contract. But the committee decided to place the contract on 4.5million Euros while still deliberating on where to place the remaining 500.000euros in the contract. So your supply would be for the budget of 4.5Million Euros for now except we decide to round it up to the 5.million Euros.

Haven gotten this analysis, I want to draw your attention to the fact that there is much pressure mounted on my committee from the party for us to quickly release the tenders for this contract so that the contract award can be done as soon as possible and the contract production commences so that we can use the contract as one of our prominent campaign strategies for the up coming presidential elections in October this year. So I will be having a crucial meeting with my committee members early next week to confirm your offer and am confident they would be very delighted with it. After that we would conclude on the release of the tenders for the contract and I will let you know about the dating.

Regarding the conditions set aside for this contract: - As for getting your company registered in Cameroon under the OHADA Uniform Act and getting the registration backdated, this is not a difficult thing to handle. I would have done this my self but due to I don’t want any body to know that I have any thing directly or indirectly to do with your company in order to avoid any thing that can sabotage my office or any thing that can bring about a protest when this contract has already been awarded to your company. So in order to get the company registered, all you need to do is to come down here and handle it personally but if you cannot come down here immediately, then you have to hire a local attorney here to handle that for you while you make arrangements for coming down later when the company is registered so that we arrange for the bank attestation for the contract.

As for the bank attestation, what you would need to do is that when the company is registered, you would use the registration documents in order to get a bank account opened for the registered company with any Cameroon first class bank, then I will provide you with the 30% (1.5million Euros) to put into the bank account and the bank issue you with the bank attestation which you would attach to your bid when bidding for the contract. Then after the contract, you withdraw back my money.

Like I said, I will be having a crucial meeting with my committee members early next week in order for us to decide on the dates for the release of the tenders of the contract which would probably be early next month. And when the tenders are released, you have to immediately submit your bid for us to treat it immediately and proceed with the official award of the contract. This means that the company registration and attestation arrangements have to be done as soon as possible before the release of the tenders for the contract so that by the time the tenders are being released, every thing is ready for you to submit your bid offer.

Get back to me in time let me know your schedule and possibilities of coming down here within the shortest possible time you are able so that we decide on how to move forward with this arrangements.

Regards
Honorable
(he must have been excited, he forgot to stick his not-so-honourable name in! When he rung it was from the number he lists.)

I finished with this and, two days later there is no reply, nor I suspect will there ever be, I just include it for the fraudwatchers plug, which I picked as the most similar prior scam listed hoping it was one of this guy's and rub his nose in it a bit for what the world thought of this ****ty behaviour!:

Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers - An Important Problem

Dear Mr Achidi Achu,

I have been doing many things to ensure that this order for hoppers goes well as I like to put the planning effort in up front for major projects and ensure the supply happens with no problems. I was considering coming to Cameroon for the week from 30 May but have found an important problem.

As you would appreciate, one of the things I need to do as a director is to perform a due diligence, ie make sure that the project we are about to put resources into is credible. Unfortunately many of your countrymen have been offering large tenders, with a requirement to pay commissions to the chairman of the award committee, that have the ultimate purpose to have the contracting company (like ourselves) become registered, thus paying one or more fees, and no contract is ever entered into. I am also having trouble confirming your position and identity, and your appointment to act with the authority you say you do.

These discoveries are a disappointment to me, I was looking forward to this project and now I doubt it will happen. Here is an example of the problem http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/...&postcount=107 , there are many more! Of course, whilst I am not making any allegation here, I am disappointed by this discovery that this sort of attempt to steal from others is happening so much in your fine country.

If of course things are as you say you can easily put this situation right (ie. the misdeeds of others), and restore my trust. With your certainty that this order will proceed, and your personal wealth that is able to “provide you with 100% funds to handle the entire contract”, you will have no problems advancing me five thousand Euros to cover the cost of a trip to Cameroon, plus pay any administrative fees that may be involved whilst I establish eligibility. Of course, once the contract proceeds, I will refund any advances to get the outcome to be the increased commission as agreed in our most recent communication. Let me know.

Old 23 May 2011, 17:07

Dodobird
Support

Hello Vincent and welcome to Fraudwatchers!

That is a good example of how these tenders/scams work. A couple of things to add to your already extensive research;

- the telephone provided, 00237 78 90 89 67, is that of a mobile number and can easily be verified as such here
- the "yahoo" version of this email address was identified as scam last October on this site

Old 26 May 2011, 23:25
Vincent

Timezone: GMT +10
The Quality of this Cameroon Government Scam was Exceptional

I am in my 50's, and not a complete fool - or so I thought, but I have escaped this scam by the skin of my teeth, only having lost a bunch of time and sleep working on the details until way too late at night, but no actual money. I have however realised that there may be a lot of genuine business opportunities in the region and am inclined to look for them with a view to doing the deed in the foreseeable future as I am pretty confident we could offer good value solutions, separate story!

So who is this potential scamee, would you get sucked in like I nearly did? I am methodical, analytical, and work both the details and "the big end" of whatever I am engaged in to ensure it becomes an answer that works for all involved. I like to take solid steps in any business dealing, checking that it is real and ensuring that all parties are likely to be able to manage their components. Plus I thought I knew people, after all it is people that do everything in this world - all that changes is the mechanisms to bring their contributions to the particular endeavour to hand.

Well boy have I learnt something in this scam. I guess that scamming, as opposed to a bit of self interest dishonesty, is a skill-set I have not been exposed to before - and this operation was really smooth, highly credible and frankly to be marvelled at for the brilliance of its execution. Or I am a way bigger fool than I ever thought I was. Or a bit of both, suffice to say I sure have learnt something here. And I am really thankful for the specific support provided me by two members of this site, and the contributions of others here of course with their information, as I was on the verge of getting in deeper but for their kind and diligent assistance.

I guess the only “other” thing that saved me is that I have enormous reserves of internal energy and can keep going well past when most take the "that'll do" option, what I call this is "the ability to really sort out what is an answer and what isn't, and the energy then to make it an absolute beauty". Plus I do "OK" when I get IQ tests waved at me, which is a handy attribute but chastened by the knowledge that there are all kinds of “intelligence” within the human psyche, and I only have some of them in helpful quantities! I say these things, not to brag or preserve some level of self esteem or dignity for my near blunder, but as an insight to the kind of person that scammers have honed their skills to the point that can rope us in. I nearly stuffed up here and am quite OK with taking full responsibility for that, but it sure feels nice to have escaped while the stakes were low!

I will shortly post all the gory details of my correspondence, plus I intend to come back to this and add some more commentary and info as I haven't quite played the thing out to where I want it, now that I KNOW it is a scam. What I want is for key phrases of this corro to turn up on Google for the benefit of others, and I am pleased that already my first post comes near the top for relevant phrases so that is a big endorsement for how Google has viewed the benefits the fraudwatchers site brings to the planet, well done Fraud Busters one and all!!! Then hopefully my commentary / self-evident nature of the business will allow people to make better choices in dealing with this stuff.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that I have had to lose the opportunity to have the scammer intercepted by the police. This basically happened because the Canadian Trade Commissioner said they would help me in checking the credentials but then didn't. I am not sure what happened there as I'm pretty sure I heard the words out of the guy's mouth, but then it was as if he didn't say them. Beats me, but it meant I had to give up getting an intercept done on my supposed arrival at the airport as I had to give the scammer a shove and see if he wobbled, he panicked and bolted!

The one thing I had left to “sort” in this business was to understand why it was apparently OK to skim off such a healthy fee, more than a quarter, of this largish (5m euro) contract from the Cameroon people? This is basically just theft and I figured there better be a really good reason for it, or I would actually have a problem doing the business. If I am being entirely honest I am not sure exactly what I would have been able to do about it if the fellow insisted on maintaining his arrangements, and I certainly knew you could only ask such a question in a face to face situation and even then only sneak up on it obtusely. However I sure wanted to know why an elder statesman felt he needed to do such a thing and, if it was pure greed, I had it in my mind to convince him to change the balance and reduce his commission to more acceptable levels, which I regard as 5% for services rendered as this represents a fair payment for an agent role, and thus give better value to the people for their tax dollars – so yes, I was hoping to sell more bins!

In the corro below you may well be going "tut tut, obviously it was a scam, that wouldn't have got me" but let me just say you didn't talk to him. I well understand reverse psychology, it is a cool tool, but there are points in this where a scammer should have done slightly different things to what he did do. Except maybe that I appeared to be on the hook so I just needed reeling in. One slightly puzzling aspect to me is that I don't quite see what the real game in town was. I have in the below corro the assurance that all funds required will be paid for by others, except for my own "personal hygiene" costs, ie flights, meals and one night's accommodation.

My wife and business associates take that to mean the only thing that was waiting for me was a kidnapper's holding cell while they attempted to extract a ransom! I don't know, but I hope the following info helps somebody avoid whatever fate was in mind! If you do get here by Google and read this far, please consider contacting the police and reeling the scammer in - I don't know if they are interested / able to do that, but it would at least be worth hearing your account of what happened. It is easy to post things here as a "Guest", they turn up in a day or two, once those kind enough to dedicate their time as moderators here have had a look at them.

Oh and you would have been thinking my first Guest post above should have been enough to tell me it was a scam, but – oh no – the guy went to wind me up again and I just had to try harder to go and check that there hadn’t been some important misunderstanding in there! After all, “Clarity is Power”, and ain’t that the truth – in normal business dealings anyway!!! So, after lots of ado but no more, here is the continuing record of my new but hopefully short life as a scammee:
Sent: Wednesday, 25 May, 2011 12:24 AM
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers - An Important Problem

Attn; Mr. xxxx,

Am sorry I have not been able to communicate with you for a while now. I was very worried and was thinking of what to do in this present situation.
And I have finally decided to drop these negotiations with you not because of any thing but just because of the fact that I don’t work in doubts. I could still provide you with the entire funds for this contract through my diplomatic contacts here. But I don’t want to start going into certain things and issues and I don’t want to convince you or lure you into this business relationship. I very well understand you position, but there is little or nothing I can do about that as of now because I don’t want to divert my original strategy I mapped out for this contract.

If you are able to come down here, then we can continue from there.

Regards
Honorable

Fine, let’s look for a pragmatic solution:

Dear Honourable Achidi Achu,

If you were to put our company up to do this business of supplying hoppers you would be very happy with the product. They would look good, be in a colour of your choice and have The Party name on them (or whatever you want) to make the Party look good for the October elections - and keep the opposition as the disorganised bunch they are when the government is busy delivering for the people. Plus I had been organising faster delivery so you would have more before the elections.

If you need me to come to Cameroon to facilitate the deal as you want I can do that, and will do a good job of impressing people with my long time interest in Cameroon and ability to perform well on government contracts. All you need to do for your part of the bargain (and your increased commission) is to pay for me to attend Cameroon, and any costs to establish my company as a registered Cameroon supplier. You would be getting a very good return on your investment! Easy to do, and removes all doubts as if they were never there. Your original strategy remains perfectly in place.

On the phone you sounded to me like an intelligent and capable man, and very comfortable in doing your business. There is no need to be worried, just tell me the truth and we will soon find a way to make it work well and safely for both of us. If you want to talk about it more please ring me, use xxx, it is a better quality line and I have arranged this phone number to “follow me” wherever I go, most of the time anyway - you need to do that in the project business! Last time you rang it was 1am here, which was also an issue on top of the weather! If you could ring an hour or more earlier would be helpful if we are to have a good conversation, should you be interested in doing the business….?

Sent: Wednesday, 25 May, 2011 10:11 PM
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers - A Solution

Attn; Mr. xxxx,

I want you to understand that fraudulent activities take place very day and every where and I have almost been a victim at one time but that does not stop us from carrying out business deals. So we don't have to get stocked at a certain point just because we have found out that businesses like this are some times fraudulent. What about those that are not. When I am stocked some where by my feelings, I always tell my self every thing is worth trying and not until is is tried, it cannot be proven. Like I said last time, I don't want to convince you into working in this business with me.

Due to some reasons, we the top government officials have been restricted from doing any monetary transactions abroad whether receiving or sending money since the formation of the anti embezzlement commission and the anti embezzlement campaign which is currently going on here monitoring us. This makes it impossible for me to send you any money for what so ever reason. The only way I can get money to reach you over there is through diplomatic means and this would be a whole transaction of its own because I can not send you just 5000euros through diplomatic arrangements. With this means, I cannot send less than 1.million euros and above. But we have no business here about me sending you such an amount of money except for the bank attestation for the contract which we expect to do it rather here in Cameroon.

But if you come down here and meet me, then I will give you all the necessary finances you would need for the registration of your company even though from my findings, it does not cost any thing getting your company registered here. The only thing that really requires money is the bank attestation which I am going to provide as I said originally because that would be refunded back ones the contract is awarded you.

Due to the limited time we have at hand, I would not like us to waste any more time here. I do appreciate the full interest you have shown towards working with me in this contract project and securing my total interest in this business. But I would not like to waste any more time here because my committee would be expecting me to come up with the company I want the contract awarded to, in less than a week's time and I would not like this opportunity to slip off my hands and make me loose all I have invested in this contract to have this position that I have in this contract.

So let me know ones again if you are able to come here within a week's time. When you are here, I will take care of every thing directly with you. But if not then I would have to open new negotiations on this matter.

Another option is for you to look for a reliable local attorney here to get your company registered here as required. When the company has been registered, the attorney gets a bank account opened for the registered company from any local first class bank here. In that case, I would have absolutely nothing to do with that. I would only be there to direct you and I would only come in when the company is ready and the bank account ready. Then you come down and I provide you with the bank attestation money to put into the bank account and the bank issue you the bank attestation which you would attach to your bid when bidding for the contract.

Get back to me in time.

Regards
Honorable

I went stuffit, I need to ring this bloke again, so I prepared some questions and did, I was very impressed by the way he handled himself. So I sent this:

Dear Honorable Mr Achidi Achu,

I have put in a tentative booking for flights that would have me arrive in Douala DLA 09:55AM Monday 30/05/2011 and depart Douala midday Saturday 4/06/2011.

I am assuming this will be ample time to sort out the relevant administrative matters plus see some of the sights of Cameroon and get a better understanding of your country.

I will make these arrangements firm tomorrow, unless you have any other suggestions. Regarding accommodation should I simply arrange that on arrival or is there somewhere you would recommend I book into?

I would like to reiterate my apology for doubting you, I had been misled by advice I received. Your latest email caused me to conduct my own research, and I now appreciate your good standing and stature in the community. I am sorry to have risked offending you, and thankful that you are a man of the world and have the wisdom to understand it for what it is! I am now confident this business will go well, and I look forward to meeting you in the coming week.

Sent: Thursday, 26 May, 2011 5:51 AM
To: *************************
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers, preliminary transport arrgts

Attn; Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I can understand your position very well. I am not offended at all by the misinterpretations that you might have had about me and so on. This is normal and every one in your position should have felt the same. Am just happy that at least you have come to know things for your self.

Regarding your time schedule for staying in Cameroon, it would not be enough for us to conclude these arrangements within just one week.

Firstly, just getting your company registered would take us at least one week and then making the arrangements for opening the bank account and obtaining the bank attestation would take us another one whole week. This means that just to get the company file ready for the bidding process for the contract would take at least two weeks.

Then when the company file is ready and we release the tenders for the contract and you submit your bid, it would take another one week for us to award the contract to your company and we do the official signing of the contract and the contract payment which is another one week.
This is just a summary of how this program looks like.

So if you are coming down here, you would have to prepare to be here for at least three weeks or one month, which would enable us to get the company arrangements done within the first two weeks and the third week you do the bidding for the contract. Then another one week to enable us carry out the award of the contract and the official signing of the contract before your return, that would be better, so that you only return to commence with the contract production.

Recheck your schedule and let me know the possibilities of your staying here for at least three weeks to one month because it would not be advisable for you to come down here and go back before coming down again.

As for your stay here, I am going to take care of that. You have to lodge in Douala for one day before we move over to Bamenda since you would definitely be tired upon your arrival in Douala and cannot just leave the Air plane into the car for Bamenda which is about 6 hours drive from Douala. I will get a reservation for you with Akwa Palace Hotel in Douala.

Just recheck your schedule and let me know your program in we can meet up with this complete arrangements upon your coming down here.

Get back to me in time.

Regards
Honorable

OK, so to me this all seemed basically fine. But I soon decided I needed just the one little thing, independent confirmation that I was indeed dealing with the person they said they were. The fraudwatchers moderators had kindly PM’d me more details of similar scams, plus made suggestions of how to convince myself – they didn’t need convincing, beyond about 99-1 certainty against anyway! This lead to me ringing the Canadian Trade Commissioner in the capitol. Because I wasn’t getting anywhere quick with them I sent the below stalling message, after all at this point I had 14 hours left to either start pushing “go” buttons and meet my timetable, or pull the pin. I am not a fan of dragging things out, I want well founded clarity of direction, and action!

I understand your request for me to stay for a month to ensure this business is done properly, it seems entirely sensible now that you explain it like this.

I am discovering getting to Cameroon is not quite as simple as I had expected it to be, plus I need to deal with the logistics of a longer stay than I was originally anticipating. Before a visa can be issued I need to get a yellow fever vaccination, the local clinics that do this are booked out well in advance as a lot of people are using the high $AUD as an excuse to visit Africa, but I will surely find somewhere that can do this on short notice. Then I need to travel to Sydney (200km) for a visa from the Cameroon Consulate, or wait a week for it in the post which wouldn’t be helpful. Plus airline flight availability is a bit of a hit and miss affair as they can’t guarantee anything until I can, which I can’t until I know when the visa is coming, bit of a Catch 22 situation – so I can not yet be certain of my arrival date.

However, whilst I am trying to sort the mechanics of the trip, I have made progress in other areas. The consulate advises me to appoint lawyers Etah-Nan & Co as my legal representatives for their fast high quality service, should I need them for anything. Also I have a Citibank account that Citibank assures me can be used at the Cameroon Douala Branch, which I presume is what you referred to as a first class Cameroon Financial Institution. This is in my personal name as a director of the company, but they also assure me I could open an account quickly from here in the company name if that is a requirement for the attestation process, and it also could be transacted in Cameroon. Please let me know if these arrangements will be suitable, and I will inform you further about arrival details as soon as I can confirm them.

Hmm, then the Canadian Trade Commissioner basically welshed on their promise (if I can believe my ears) for no apparent reason I ever understood. So I figured the guy who had said the things he had said above could stand a little push, so I sent him this - knowing I was losing my ability to get him apprehended at the airport, if that was ever even possible:

I am going to be completely honest with you, I know you are a busy man but I need to ask you to do one small thing for me please. If you can do this then I will find a way to melt away all problems and turn up there on Monday or Tuesday to stay for a month. Whilst I am very happy with our recent conversation and communication, prudence requires that I get independent verification that I am indeed liaising with your good self before I commit the time and money that will be required to do this business. I have come up with a plan to do this diplomatically, ie without exposing you to any risk of allegations about improper conduct.

I have asked the Canadian High Commission in Yaounde to contact you through official channels and ask if you have been approached by me to supply Cameroon with refuse hoppers. Unfortunately they didn’t know how to contact you officially and said that if you came in they would be happy to verify your identity, but otherwise there wasn’t much they could do. So I am asking you to kindly contact either of the following people and tell them that you know of me and satisfy them that you are you, so to speak.

http://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/eng/contact-our-team.jsp?oid=149&cid=442

Tel.: +237 22 23 23 11
Mr. Eric Dibeu
Senior Trade Commissioner
Mr. Jude Bijingsi
Trade Commissioner
Mr Jude Bijingsi who I spoke to said he knows you well so I am presuming this shouldn’t be too hard, is this OK? The following is how I explained our relationship so that no questions come your way, I wrote this after we spoke. When we spoke I thought he said he knew how to contact you and I should send him an email that he would forward to your official email government address and or would ring you. But he sent me an email back and seemed to be having some difficulty believing you would ever get involved in commercial matters at all and he started asking to see preliminary contracts so they could check it out from that angle so I sent him a second email to clarify it more. His response was that it turned out he didn’t have either your official email address or phone number, so now I am asking you to contact them and tie up this one loose end for me. Thank you, here are the emails:

First email, I thought he would forward this to you:
Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me today. As discussed I was approached by a person claiming to represent the Honorable Simon Achidi Achu, and encouraging my company to come to Cameroon with a view to entering into a contract to supply 3000 steel refuse hoppers. Apparently this is a contract that the government wants to award soon and to be a public show of action that the CPDM Party are doing good practical things for the people of Cameroon, as part of their strategy to ensure they are returned at the upcoming elections in October.

Apparently it is not easy to find companies that have the capacity to quickly fulfil a large order for this sort of equipment as does my company, and thus Mr Achidi Achu took a personal interest to ensure the contract didn’t “stuff up”. I see he was involved in the strategy for the last presidential elections so this seemed reasonable to me. I have spoken to somebody who claimed to be Mr Achidi Achu, he said very sensible statesman like things, he certainly appeared to be fairly elderly, and he spoke English exceptionally well. I was most impressed!

I must admit the idea of doing business in Cameroon is quite appealing to me, and this seemed to be a reasonable opportunity. So I agreed to come to Cameroon on Monday (flying out Sunday my time) and arrange the necessary steps to qualify for the upcoming tender process, which of course I would do entirely independently.

However my conversation was on a mobile phone, so my purpose in contacting you today was to find a way to contact Mr Achidi Achu directly, with no more complicated a question than “Do you know my name?”. If the answer is yes, no problem and I will complete my arrangements (which I have to do within approximately 14 hours physically from this moment). If the answer is no then the follow-up q is whether he has any interest in my assisting their police to apprehend the criminal impersonating him, which I would expect to be done at Douala airport on my (non-) arrival, and I could “delay” if arrangements required.

I understand from our conversation that you will either ask Mr Achidi Achu my question on my behalf, or forward this message to him for his response. I thank you for your assistance in this important matter and hope to do business in Cameroon in the not too distant future, whether it is this opportunity or some other one.

Second email:
To confirm, all I am actually asking for is if you could kindly use your knowledge of the country to help me find a phone number that I could contact the Honourable Achidi Achu through official channels. I understand he is busy working in The Council of The Wise, which is intended to formulate strategy and tactics to defeat the dominant Social Democratic Front opposition party that traditionally dominates the North West Province, but I cannot find a phone number for it. I could just start ringing government numbers until I found a way to do this verification but that could take a long time for an outsider to do.

I do not have a working contract, nor expect to see one for a couple of weeks. I have provided details of the products we would offer, but do you want to get into that sort of detail to decide to assist me or not? In order to formally tender I do need to be ready and qualified to, which involves formal registration in Cameroon under the OHADA uniform act and arranging for a bank attestation. Please remember that the only reason (I am told) the Honourable Achidi Achu stuck his nose into this matter at all is he wants to be certain of a good result for his election strategy. He is a man of the world and well aware of the scepticism that capable suppliers might have about doing business, but this guy apparently wants 3000 1.2m3 steel rubbish hoppers to be coming soon, and he wants to see as many of them as possible on the ground in Cameroon improving the party’s prospects in the election in only 5 months, so he knows getting tenders from competent suppliers is very important.

All this seems totally believable to me, but I simply want some independent way to verify that the man I was speaking to really was the man he said he was. Just because he spoke and sounded like a high ranking diplomat to me was very good however, whilst I have little knowledge of the skills of scammers, I am not going to strongly challenge such a senior and respected person to prove himself to me. I just seek a simple, easy and polite way to get this verification before I put real money and more time into it.

If I was indeed speaking to the Honourable Achidi Achu and you, I or anyone asks him if he is aware of a Mr xxxx from Australia that wants to tender for an upcoming tender for refuse hoppers he will just give a knowing smile, chuckle and say yes. Mind you he did explain that embezzlement is a big issue in Cameroon and that, whilst he may have encouraged me to do business in Cameroon to ensure he has someone capable of doing the job tendering, it is vital that the tender process be properly independent. So maybe the best q is simply “Are you thinking of releasing a tender for hoppers soon as part of the election strategy?”

This is a senior elderly well respected member of the community and right now he will be pretty busy with election stuff. I am not going to tell him to jump through hoops and go to Yaounde! All I want is some form of independent verification before committing the time and money necessary to do a good job for Cameroon, will you help me please? Thank you.

What say you my friend, can you help me and tidy up this one matter into a good place? Thank you again.

Well I guess that was a bit of an “over the top” kinda push, the scammer panicked and ran as fast as he could in the other direction, sending me the below email as he slammed the door shut. Phew, its over and I know for certain, all I need to do now is to go round and politely let down all those down the line that were expecting a decent order to come their way in the not too distant future (this is done now, they were all very good about it). I have an idea to send this scammer a complimentary note for his excellent scamming, something he can brag to his friends about and see what his ego sprouts back. It seems “tricking people” into “gotcha” situations is an endeavour that the Cameroonian culture includes a large body within it that treats this as a matter of great pride. Shame huh for humankind, but how it is. Here is the sound of the door slamming on me, and undoubtedly opening on another, stay tuned for the next (if any) chapter:

Sent: Friday, 27 May, 2011 3:41 AM
To: ************************
Subject: RE: Contract Supply - Hoppers, preliminary transport arrgts

Attn; xxxx,

I am really surprise you would go to such extends trying to sabotage me unknowingly. I realize that these whole arrangements can cost me more than I expect. So I will not like to continue with this business with you.

There is one thing I want you to understand, no body would ever like to identify his or her self in this type of matters concerning me and my party because they know the implications and what can happen. That is why those you have spoken to after a second thought seem not to want to make any further steps. You don’t know about our style of politics here and so should not think that you can just get in and have what you want just like that. With the style of politics we operate here, you watch your back as you take a step forward. I have been informed on a private line about his finding you tried to do. I want you to understand that this contract business is more political than you think and I believe I told you that and as such aught to be kept very confidential. But am embarrassed you are exposing it there by trying to weaken the strings we have pulled from this end of our campaign movement.

I do appreciate your kind intentions and assume all you are trying to do is to protect your self from pilferers. Never the less, I will not like that we continue this business any further because it would definitely not go the way I anticipated.

More over you are not able to come down here soonest as thought and you cannot pick any one in the name of a lawyer to work with my party in this business when we know the intentions and the value of the business to our party at this moment in time.

I guess we would have something to do in the future but certainly not now.

My kind regards
Honorable
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 am

13 June 2011, 06:00
makrantrade

thank you we met the same story and thanks god we are save
thanks god we were about t go through same stry here find some information about this peope in cameroon

Quote:
Dear sir.

Kindly note the below details and arrange an invoice with the information below.

products needed: fresh onion
Contract Duration: 12 Months
price accepted includes our 2% commission: 360usd
partial shipment accepted
payment terms: 100% TT Upfront
Buyers Name: AFRICA INNOVATION FOUNDATION
Quantity needed: 25 Thousand Bags

Also kindly your best price and include our 2% commission in your price list to enable us submit the needful to the committee end buyers for there confirmation.

Use the below details email address of the end buyers and send the proforma invoice to them for there approval and also a copy to me for my references.

AFRICA INNOVATION FOUNDATION
22-24 BOMUSADE GRA
LITTORILA PROVIENCE
DOUALA CAMEROON
Tel: +237-75-49-07-37
Fax: 00237- 7800- 1750
E-mail: contractreview@bartender.net
Receivers name: Mr okoro Adimoha (protcol officer)

Waiting for your fast response.

Regards,
Franky Mboya (Director)
Rue 22 Ndokoti belle vue
Douala littorial provience
Douala cameroon
phone: 23775490730
fax: 23778001750
Last edited by Dodobird : 13 June 2011 at 08:22. Reason: readability

Old 21 June 2011, 13:57
Inquisitor

Timezone: GMT +2
The fresh events from Cameroon
Look, new schemes of the enemy:

We want to buy; Aluminium cast cookware without coating;
Îò êîãî: Peter scott Complex Cam-Sarl,; <peterscottccsarl@gmail.com>
Êîìó: xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx
Äàòà: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:19:34 -0700

Dear Sir;

Goodday; I am Mr.Peter Scott, the Director/ Ceo of COMPLEX CAM-SARL,; which is located here in Central Africa Douala Cameroon, We deals on Stone / glass plate products and also stand as accredited commission agent to the Economics Community For central african states on any contract allocation to foreign Companies around the Globe.

Presently we are commission by a Christian organization to get a serious reliable supplier of Aluminium cast cookware without coating; They want to buy this products in a large quantity for their oncoming programmes:

So we plead if you know that you are the rightful supplier of this products or you know any supplier then kindly Contact us with more details both the available products pictures and the export price per each in CIF down to Douala international seaport Cameroon for our view and reference,

They Chistian organization promise to do one time payment as 100%T/T which is Bank to Bank in advance to the Foreign contractor in order to enable He/She start work immediately without any further delayance and because of the time factor,

We anxiously await your Urgent response as soon as possible in order to enable us proceed,
Best Wishes
Mr.Peter Scott Managing Director.
00237-98-51-35-14

Old 22 June 2011, 12:57
TriniMan

Timezone: GMT-5
RE: CHEMOCAM ( Global Mets Cameroon)
Good day,

We have been in contact with Mr. Annette Lace of Chemocam to purchase Potassium Chloride and have it shipped to Trinidad and Tobago West Indies, and we would like to know if he is legitimate.
The reason that I ask is that most of the scams involve sending tenders to Cameroon Government and we just want to make sure that they are not fraudsters and if so what can be done to stop them.
Also, what about the following person Azumba Bawel of supperchemcoltd@gmail.com?

Any views on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
TriniMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
Hi,

I just wanted to thank "someone from Fraudwatchers" who has made our Cameroon Story posted on this site to avoid people against these kinds of criminals and has given us valuable information about the scams.

Fortunately, we contacted with Fraudwatchers on time before sending any money to those criminals. As you see, all the documents seem to be legitimate at first sight.

Thank you again "someone from Fraudwatchers".

Please be aware of all the scams...

bye
Ocean

Old 22 June 2011, 14:55

Dodobird
Support

Triniman,

I found Azumba Bawel of supperchemcoltd@gmail.com in this Alibaba ad, where they are using fake contact information (Cameroon telephones are 8 digits without the country code), they're scammers as well;

http://www.alibaba.com/member/cm1127...ntactinfo.html
Quote:
Contact Information
Contact Person: Mr. Azumba Bawel
Company Name: Supper Chem Co Ltd
Street Address: Politech
City: Bambui
Province/State: N. W. R
Country/Region: Cameroon
Zip: 237
Telephone: 237-331254

Old 24 June 2011, 02:00
Unregistered

Question Cameroon Ministry of Industrial Development
Hi,

I am the sales responsible of a small German company, which develops and manufactures special devices for the water treatment sector. A few days ago i received the following message:

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
PEACE-WORK-FATHERLAND
MINISTRY OF INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
DEAR SIR.
We are a registered organization of the Republic of Cameroon with a registration number 08/0021/MINE SUP by Presidential decree no 02/00453/91/001 of July 2000.
So We are into marketing and market research in Cameroon and Central Africa States, we need a supplier who can handle the contract of analytic equipments
and other machines to the government of Cameroon and we are the middle representative.
Let us know if you can handle this business transaction to enable you have a full details of these analytic equipments
Thanks,
DR Micheal Ndia
Marketing Director
West consultancy LTD
BP 590 Buea

We had a small e-mail correspondence and finally Mr. Ndia asked me for a price list. As I could not find out more information about "West consultancy LTD", I sent him a price list with incredible high prices. Twenty minutes later he sent me the following message:

Hello XXX
Thanks for your mail and sorry in the delay , we have seen the attached documents and the price list after a detail study we have decided that we will go for your products.
We have forwarded your contact and the documents to the chief of bureau for contract at the ministry who will be contacting you directly with more technical details about the contract supply.
He is Chief Tayoung and he is the chairman of the contract award committee of this project. So from now on you shall be dealing directly with him. This is his address.
HRH Chief .Tayoung III
CHAIRMAN CONTRACT AWARD COMMITTEE.
PUBLIC CONTRACT BOARD
CPDM Party House- Congress Hall Yaounde
P.o Box ; 114 Yaounde
TEL, 00237-70193756
Email chief.tayoung@hotmail.com

Thanks and good luck i the contract
Dr Micheal Ndia

I believe that they are going to defraud us. Am I right? Could anybody advice, what to do?

Many thanks

Old 24 June 2011, 02:42

mysteryquest
Support

Yes, they are obviously scammers, no governmental entity uses a free email address and has no website! It's an import/export scam explained here: Africa Import/Export Scams Simply do not communicate with them any further and they will give up.

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:30 am

26 August 2011, 11:54
mauricio moraes

Here they are again.
Hello,
I've been contacted by the "CIDEX SARL" re an inquiry from the Ministry of Public Affairs of Cameroon.
I did the normal check in the internet to know further about this company and luckly have found this website. I was not so suprised with the fact they (CIDEX SARL) are a fraud but was very suprised about this website!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Their approach was very well done, they have first communicated to us in Portuguese (despite to the fact it was done by google translator) in a very polite way. It was so well done that we also have spoken by phone. As currently dealing with the African market I am getting used to the scans companies and must confess half of my time is wasted due to the presence of these non-serious people.

Below copy of the communication did.

Best regards,

Mr. M.

>>>>> QUOTE <<<<<

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2011 17:31
Para: 'Cidex Sarl'
Assunto: RES: RES: Alimentos e Bebidas contrato de fornecimento

Mr. Takang,

Could you please let me have copy of the official inquiry from the Ministry of Cameroon?
Also kindly to send copy of your import license.

Best regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Cidex Sarl cidexsarl@yahoo.com
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2011 10:15
Assunto: Re: RES: Alimentos e Bebidas contrato de fornecimento

Dear sir

Thank you for your call

Thank you for your email and interest to participate in the foreign contract bid.

Am glad as well to know that my 2 % commission is of no problem and will be remittance to me once you confirm your payment into your account

The Ministry of Public affairs through the contract board office are looking for exporters,distributors and manufacturer / foreign investors who will be able to supply same for their campaign to encourage both urban and rural areas within the Nation

Below are details in which you are expected to quote best competitive price CIF douala sea port

Products - Canned Corn Beef
Quantity - 1,000,000 pieces
Packaging - cans
Destination Port - Douala sea port
Payment terms - 100 % T T upfront before production and shipment

awaiting to get price from you

Thank you

Mr Takang F Glen
Cidex Sarl
Douala,Littoral
Cameroon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: RES: Alimentos e Bebidas contrato de fornecimento
To: cidexsarl@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 11:21 AM

Dear Mr. Takang,

Thanks for your time on the phone.
As agreed kindly to send me further info about t the contract and canned meat products you are looking for.

Best regards,

De: Cidex Sarl manifestcorp@yahoo.com
Enviada em: terça-feira, 16 de agosto de 2011 21:54
Para: manifesto Corp
Assunto: Alimentos e Bebidas contrato de fornecimento

Caro senhor / Madame

Nós atualmente trabalhando com o Ministério da CAMARÕES Assuntos Públicos para Alimentos e Bebidas

A Direcção do Serviço de Contrato estão procurando empreiteiro estrangeiro que podem lidar com o fornecimento de seus produtos mediante avanço de 100% T / T na conta fornecedores e dentro de 18 meses de fornecimento.

Estamos dispostos a introduzir a sua empresa a Narede se você pode garantir-nos da comissão de 2% após a oferta.

Se você é capaz de lidar com este projecto de abastecimento, por favor indique o seu interesse, enviando-nos sua lista de preços e catálogo de produtos para que possamos lhe dar mais detalhes e directivas para permitir melhor cotação de preço competitivo CIF ou FOB porto.

Estamos aguardando sua resposta para que possamos avançar.

Mr Takang F Glen
Cidex Sarl
Douala,Littoral
Cameroon

Old 26 August 2011, 13:18

Dodobird
Support

**SCAM - http://www.lobbexoil.com / http://www.lobbexoil.webs.com
Thank you for posting this information! The same scammer has a website of another non-existent company in Cameroon;
http://www.huameimei.cnwww.tradetuber.com/lobbexoil/sell-list-p1-2/selling_leads.htm
Company Name:Lobbex OilContact person:Ms. Lobbex OilSkypeChat:
Address:10 rue zi Bassa, Douala , Littoral RegionZip code:00237
Mobile phone: 98243827
Telephone: 98-243827-98243827
Fax: 98-2438-98243827
Web Site:http://lobbexoil.com/

http://lobbexoil.com/ redirects to http://lobbexoil.webs.com/
Lobbex oil
Address:
10 RUE ZI BASSA,DOUALA,
LITTORAL CAMEROON
Phone: 00237 9824 3222
Fax : 00237 9824 3222
E-mail: info@lobbexoil.com
lobbexoil@gmail.com

Whois
Registrant:
frank Teves
PO Box
Douala, Littoral 00000
Cameroon

Domain Name: LOBBEXOIL.COM
Created on: 11-Mar-11
Expires on: 11-Mar-12
Last Updated on: 11-Mar-11

Administrative Contact: support@i-strategis.net
Teves, frank
PO Box
Douala, Littoral 00000
Cameroon
2-379-800-1248 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Teves, frank
PO Box
Douala, Littoral 00000
Cameroon
2-379-800-1248 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS70.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 am

14 September 2011, 07:01
Unregistered

CAMEROON PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING COMMISSION
Hello everybody,
I am currently in negotiations with a contracting commission of Cameroon. Their actions seem suspicious and very similar to the story told by One of the posters here. Here is a list of their company names and email addresses and phone numbers. Please advise about their legitimacy. Thank you in advance.

Under the auspices of the MINISTRY OF WORKS

CPCC HEADQUARTERS, UNITY*PALACE*SECRETARIAT
N° 7 Rue presidentielle, Boulevard d’ahmadou Ahidjo
Govt House 9th floor

TEL/ +237 227 003 17
FAX/ +237 227 003 016
DOUALA LITTORAL REGION
Commission Bancaire De L'Afrique Centrale/ Banking commission of central African states

FOREIGN TRANSFER REGULATORY AUTHORITY

Cameroon sub-region office

Responsable: Mr. CHARLES GODWINS AZU

Tel: +237*227*003*011

Fax : +237*227*003 012

Email*: cobac@camnet-cm.net
CRYSTAL CHAMBERS DOUALA CAMEROON
Immeuble Tanye rue pau
Douala Littoral province
B.P 17011

TelePhone: (237) 981 217 02*

************** (237) 767*160 04
Facsimile: (237) 330 114 011
Email: services.dcc@gmail.com

http://crystalchamberdouala.net76.net

Old 14 September 2011, 07:12

mysteryquest
Support

It's a scam. Please read: Africa Import/Export Scam camnet-cm.net is a domain that was registered just to make a scam email look "legitimate". Note that there is no website on the domain. http://crystalchamberdouala.net76.net is a free hosted/sub-domain website which no real law firm would use. Please read: Identifying Obvious Scam Websites No real company or government uses a free email address such as services.dcc@gmail.com The phone numbers are all pre-paid mobile phone numbers.

14 September 2011, 10:16
Zoho

Timezone: GMT+2
Thank you for your information. I have also contacted the atlantique bank and they confirmed that it is all a con. So just for information I will post the latest correspondence.
BANQUE ATLANTIQUE CAMEROON

DEPARTMENT DES VIREMENT

DOUALA LITTORAL REGION

TEL +237 331-690-20

FAX: +237 334-001-361

SWIFT: ATCRCMCM

RESPONSIBLE: KPMLA AGBEDANU GADIGBE
PURPOSE:* * FOREIGN TRANSFER PROCESS

This is to inform you that we have received the form filled which is good and we have processed the payment transfer but cannot yet finalise the transfer because we have not received the authorisation to proceed with the wire transfer and after checking with the FOREIGN TRANSFER REGULATORY AUTHORITY why, the informed us that after checking with the exporters file the found out that its your first time of exporting in this region and in conformity with the regulation it is required that every firm receiving payment from this region for the first time has to deposit a refundable security bond and certify their company with the said authority which is the foreign transfer control authority of the CENTRAL BANK OF CENTRAL AFRICAN REGION and when you can contact them the will advise you the certification procedures.
Hence you are to contact them via their details below through their email for the security bond deposition and certification of your firm as;
Commission Bancaire De L'Afrique Centrale/ Banking commission of central African states

Therefore contact the above office for the certification of your company and complete that soonest to enable us be authorised to finalise the transfer as we have processed your payment only waiting for the authorisation which shall be given to us once you complete the certification of your firm and we shall wire the payment with the swift message sent to you once wire transfer is completed to enable you trace the funds down to your account.
We urge your quick action because the foreign exchange is not stable hence to avoid currency value depreciation the earlier the better.
I am,

KPMLA AGBEDANU GADIGBE* (director of foreign operations)
BANQUE ATLANTIQUE CAMEROON
TEL +237 3316 90 20
FAX: +237 334 221 001
SWIFT: ATCRCMCM

Tel: +237*227*003*011

Fax : +237*227*003 012

SUBJECT: CONFORMITY CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS*
We confirm that we have received your certification application mail.
Consequently, we have verified your company name and details and understand that it’s the first time you are exporting here and in conformity with the foreign trade act regulations of this region it is required that for every company exporting goods into the economic and monetary community of central African states (CEMAC) the exporter and importer needs to certify their firm with this authority to ensure that it conforms to the standard and quality accepted here and also clarify that the transaction is authentic and free from any financial related crime.

To this end you are to send the below requirements for the certification of your firm:

1.****** YOUR BUSINESS REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE COPY

2.**** *THE CONTRACT AWARD CERTIFICATE

3.**** THE SECURITY BOND DEPOSIT OF 50% of the 2% of the PAYMENT PROCESSED AMOUNT TO BE WIRED = EURO; xx,xxx.00 FOR THE TRANSPARENCY CLEARANCE OF THE PAYMENT TRANSFER WHICH IS A REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT THAT WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU AFTER THE CERTIFICATION IS COMPLETED.

4.**** A CONFIRMATION LETTER STATING THAT YOUR COMPANY HAS NOT BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY FINANCIAL RELATED CRIME WHICH SHOULD BE SIGNED AND STAMPED BY YOUR COMPANY DIRECTOR.

Note/ the security bond deposit is not deductible from the invoice payment that the buyer is about to wire to you as the payment has been declared by the buyer to the central bank authority as the actual amount for the transaction you have with them and any alteration to that already confirmed declaration will mean falsification of information which will be considered as if you want to do money laundering together with the buyer.

Also about the remittance of your own part of the security bond deposit we have attached an invoice to this mail which details the purpose of the deposit again with our bank coordinates to enable you use and remit the fee after which you should send us the transfer slip for our tracing of the bond at the bank however the bank of the buyer informed us that the need to wire the payment soonest so we can advise you to send the bond of your part through a faster means like: western union transfer using this office accountant details as;
FIRST NAME/ CHARLES***** --- LAST NAME/ GODWINS AZU
OFFICE ADDRESS/ FOREIGN TRANSFER REGULATORY AUTHORITY
DOUALA LITTORAL REGION
TEL/ +237*227*003 011
ZIP 237
REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
After sending it you send us the transfer details for our checking as using western union will facilitate us to receive it faster and complete the certification without delay because swift transfer takes 4days before reflecting here in Cameroon.
Therefore arrange the requirements advised above and send for our checking, confirmation and completion of the certification of your firm, as you can confirm the reliability of this certification by visiting the government web link as:* http://gov-cameroononline.comxa.com/business.html *upon which once we confirm the requirements we shall verify and complete the certification of your firm with the export conformity certificate issued to you and authorisation to the buyer paying bank for them to finalise the transfer of the payment of the transaction you have with them, as this certification is a one time certificate which will serve your company for all your export in the economic and monetary community of central African states (C.E.M.A.C such as; Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Gabon, Sao tome &Principe, equatorial guinea and central African republic etc), within 5years and can be renewed upon expirations .

Yours Faithfully,
Hon, MR CHARLES GODWINS AZU / controller
Registrar: FOREIGN TRANSFER REGULATORY AUTHORITY

Finally I asked them to send me an invoice indicating that they have already paid their half of the money for the certificate. And they did.
cid:CA5DA31B-2D13-45D1-95BC-3165B3D219E0/BONDING%2520INVOICE.jpg

After reading everything on the website and contacting the bank I have little doubt that this was all a scam. Pitty for the wasted time.

Old 14 September 2011, 17:19

Dodobird
Support

Thank you for posting this information Zoho. It will at least help others to find the information!

Old 2 October 2011, 17:07
Vincent

Timezone: GMT +10
Cameroon Scammer Confirms FraudWatchers Works
Further to my fun time back in May (as reported earlier in this thread) while nearly getting sucked in myself along comes the below out of the blue. This was ignoring later email correspondence and referred to my request for this scammer to provide some form of legitimate confirmation of his identity. I guess it is pretty useful confirmation that people's efforts here matter and make a difference. I have no idea what this message was meant to achieve, so here it is for posterity:
Quote:
Sent: Monday, 03 October, 2011 2:06 AM
To: ************
Subject: RE: Re the hoppers I need to ask you one small favor

Attn; *******,
Thank you for paying me back with evil for the good intentions I had approaching you. Now I have a very big problem with my party and the government haven seen what you have placed over the internet. I did not mean any bad approaching you as you interprete it now. All thesame thanks for the ruin. Dont forget you are a growing young man with many miles to cover unlike my self already about to rest. Thank you. You would certainly look for ways to reconcile when you find out the truth you don't know.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 am

23 December 2011, 09:00
Unregistered

Fake Government Website and Info Centre - Cameroon
They provide you fake Government Info Centre email ID. When you send a mail to that ID to verify the genuiness of the contract/buyer/agent, they "certify" you are indeed dealing with a "contract commitee"..... see below :

CAMEROON GOVERNMENT INFORMATION CENTER
AVENUE DE L’INDEPENDENCE YAOUNDE
CENTRE REGION
Tel + 237 227 003 17
B.p. 10012

Our Ref: CGIC/MINCOM/dla010241411/CM Date: 23 Dec. 2011

ATTN/ XXXXXXXX

SUBJECT: MAIL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NOTICE

We acknowledge the receipt of your mail the inquiry of the information you have received from Cameroon and after verifying from the contract committee office regarding the said tender, they have confirmed that the same is ongoing now and that the company you are corresponding with is a registered agent with them for sourcing of reliable suppliers.

Hence we approve your correspondence with them and wish you good luck towards winning this contract as we welcome your inquiry towards ensuring you are dealing with the correct office and we are open always to assist you in any business verification here in Cameroon.

On behalf of the board, I am

Hon. Ngassa Kenfack / Information department

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON

Disclaimer:-

The information(s) in this e-mail or in any of its attachments is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy it, distribute it, and disclose its contents to a third party or take action in reliance on it. Please notify this authority if you received this email in error and delete it immediately. We do not accept liability for any person acting or failing to act on the information contained in this message if not the intended recipient as communication via e-mail over the internet is not 100% secure and messages may be read, manipulated or compromised by third parties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SENT FROM THE: CAMEROON GOVERNMENT INFO DEPARTMENT
TEL/ (00237) 227 003 17 FAX/ (00237) 301-223-01
E-mail: inquiry@camnet-cm.info
Dated: 2011-12-22

Old 23 December 2011, 10:33

poirot
Support

Timezone: .
Languages: English Français
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
AVENUE DE L’INDEPENDENCE YAOUNDE
CENTRE REGION
Tel + 237 227 003 17
B.p. 10012

CAMEROON GOVERNMENT INFO DEPARTMENT
TEL/ (00237) 227 003 17 FAX/ (00237) 301-223-01
E-mail: inquiry@camnet-cm.info
Dated: 2011-12-22

Thanks you for posting.

237 227 003 17 was also used on scam site camnet-cm.net which indicates that camnet-cm.info was setup by the same thieves.

Old 20 June 2012, 02:49
Unregistered !1

Verification
I was looking for sugar suppliers on the internet and was contacted by a company called Global Sugar (website:www.global-sugar.com), email: manusugar@gmail.com.
When i asked them for verification they asked me to visit the website for Cameroon Chamber of Commerce and Industries - http://www.cccimc.net and check the registration of Global Sugars through that website. I was also given a registration number by them :sw/gp/08/05/8006.
Is there anyway to check the authencity as i feel it may be a scam.

Old 20 June 2012, 03:16

poirot
Support

http://www.global-sugar.com is a fraud. You can verify websites legitimacy by following instructions here: Identifying Obvious Scam Websites
Domain Name: GLOBAL-SUGAR.COM
Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: XO.EARTH.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.MARS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.MERCURY.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.VENUS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Updated Date: 18-may-2012
Creation Date: 18-may-2012
Expiration Date: 18-may-2013

http://www.global-sugar.com/ (Fraud / fake company) Dead
http://sucaglo.net76.net/
Global Sugar
101 EVERGREEN STREET
Douala, Litoral Region,
Landline : +237 76 41 11 96
E-mail : manusugar9@gmail.com

Another fraud website from the same Cameroon criminal
http://woodpell.webuda.com
Cam Wood Pellets
Rue 234,
Avenue Winston Churchill,
Douala, Litoral Region.
Fax : +237 76 41 11 96
E-mail : companyman2000@gmail.com
Cameroon

When it comes to Cameroon, 99.99% of offers of agricultural commodities advertised on the Internet are frauds. Stay away from Cameroon or face a high probability that you will be defrauded.

Old 20 June 2012, 04:15

mysteryquest
Support

www.cccimc.net is also fake. Cameroons scammers are notorious for putting up fake Chamber of Commerce sites which of course "confirm" the legitimacy of their scam companies.

www.cccimc.net redirected to
http://ccimc.unbeatablehosting.net
Tel: 237 3315 9192 , 237 2267083
Fax: 237 3121-4450
Email: info@cccimc.net

Domain Name: CCCIMC.NET Dead
Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: XO.EARTH.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.MARS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.MERCURY.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: XO.VENUS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Updated Date: 10-apr-2012
Creation Date: 05-apr-2012
Expiration Date: 05-apr-2013

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 am

27 June 2012, 08:48
Mkholood2in
Participant

My Story with Cam Agro Max Ltd &Globalmaritime logistic of cameroon???
obalmaritimelogistic - Legit Cameroon Companies?

My company existing in Palestinian Territory held an agreement to export three (3) containers of green cardamom from Cameroon Agro Max LTD in Cameroon.

This was at the end of Oct.2011. During this long period of time my company transfered them what money amount they were asking so they could send what we had agreed upon.

Subsequently I became suspicious of what is supposed to be my fright agency.

Despite the agreement between our com & Dr. Chali (Not his really name) of Cam. Agro. Max. was including the fright costs, he convinced me to pay the amount of (13500 U.S.$) as refundable insurance which will be transferd to us after receiving our shipment at port of discharge in Asdood-Israel.

We argued a lot of time until he finally agreed to deduct this from the final invoice between us.

Global maritime logistic provided me with my tracking code with them & send me an e.mail confirming that they are holding my commodity & assured me that my shipment will reach it's destination within max. one month.

I tracked my shipment for more than three weeks, my tracking code hence told me that our shipment were held at terminal c at Durban Port. And because of the many delays occurred i decided this time to checkout directly with the Durban Authority.

What shocked me was to find that there was no goods as my tracking code was suggesting.

I contacted both my shipper & the fright company, they both have told me that the shipment is existing, at Port Elizabeth this time, and the delay occurred because they need money for making permeation from Ministry of Agriculture in South Africa which will coast me 4200 U.S.$( I hesitate at first) then they ask for additional 7500U.S.$.

This makes me feel unrest & I decided to contact the Cameroonian embassy in Israel to assist. They ask me to send all the documents & I did. I call them many times & the secretary told me that will take time.

I become patient until yesterday when Globalmaritimelogistic had send me an e.mail (which i'll attach to this letter) which proved the theory of conspiracy against our com.

I cut the e.mail & resend it to the embassy's e.mail so that we can both react & catch those scammers.

But the embassy doesn't take an immediate action or for other reasons taking time to respond.

I'll send you the same e.mail which i received so that I can find assessment which might help.

With our best wishes to you

Cameroon - read more about Cameroon Africa Cam. Agro. Max. ltd & Globalmaritimelogistic - Legit Cameroon Companies? http://www.cameroon-today.com/cam-ag...#ixzz1z0spWHOl
Cameroon

Old 27 June 2012, 08:55
Mkholood2in
Participant

This is the response which I'd recieved from cameroon today.com
Response to Cam. Agro. Max. ltd & Globalmaritimelogistic - Legit Cameroon Companies?

Sir:

So sorry for your lost. This is a huge sum of money that can bankrupt a small business in the current economic crisis.

The article you wrote is full of incompleteness. To achieve the greatest good, I advice you to attached the payment slips. The slips from Western Union usually contains the REAL names of these crooks and you do yourself no good by hiding these. It is a powerful weapon as it can get the local community to be aware and develop a distaste for the ill-wealth of such individuals.

Regards
cameroon-today.com

Cameroon - read more about Cameroon Africa Cam. Agro. Max. ltd & Globalmaritimelogistic - Legit Cameroon Companies? http://www.cameroon-today.com/cam-ag...#ixzz1z0urdLok
Cameroon

Old 27 June 2012, 09:08
Mkholood2in
Participant

After becoming sure that those are criminals;I track their posts & send this email to
To: "fraudwatch@tradekey.com" <fraudwatch@tradekey.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:55 AM
Subject: Cam Agro Max -Cameroonian scamers?

Dear Mad/Sir,
With my great respect to your site;i found scamers joining ,which stimulated me to inform you that you can act.
I'm not adedective who's main aim is watching poeple to do job. But those criminals coast me more than 50000 U.S.$ plus they cause me unbearable conditions during six months& extra more I lost my apitite at work and my house.
While checking I find the following which provide my theory against them:
1- all their posts contains the same tell no.s
2-they use different sites to convice costumers that they are will known internationaly & they had alarge com.
3-they use these adresses just to catch costumers & after that they begin using free e.mail adresses like yahoo&hotmail.
4-all the conontact persons belong to the same catagory,they sometimes change their positions.
5-after deluting acostomer they began asking little payments & after that the ammounts will accelate.
6-they use the costumer lake of information about investing in their country & began asking to send money for ccc registration & etc.
8-if they con vince the costumer they will hold in squeezing his money untill he abadon his goods.
For assisting my words you can check my documented story with those criminals.By investigation through the attached files my words become more clear.
With my best regards to your site.

Old 27 June 2012, 09:26
Mkholood2in
Participant

Trakdekey response???
When trade Key managers test the documenation which i attached with my
e.mail,they send me their tender feeling& speaking the truth they pot Cam.Agro.Max site with them under investigation.
Thanks to Tradekey for their assistance.

Old 27 June 2012, 09:32
Mkholood2in
Participant

I did the same with ec plaza site?
I forwarded another e,mail to ec plaza site,but their I founded no co-operation.
Why such electronic sites help criminals to mountain there bad deeds???

Old 4 September 2012, 06:06
crivetta

Languages: English Français Italiano
Cameroon scam
Good afternoon,

I received two emails (in blue below) from Mr. Tzaku Agbor with email address takumarc@yahoo.com, I think it's a scam:

First Letter:
Dear Sir\Madam,
I write to inform you of an on going contract. The Government of Cameroon , through Federal Ministry of internal affairs requires food and beverages Consequently, the Ministry is asking for tenders from reliable suppliers and manufacturers to submit their tender for the supply of the required product

I am working as a commission agent, and I am looking for a reliable supplier whom i can work with. I have strong relationship with the workers in the Ministry and if you work with me, my contacts in the Ministry and their contract award committee will help you to win the contract if you can give me 1% commission upon your receipt of payment from the Government.
The contract payment term is 100% upfront payment through T/T and payable before production and supplying, while the delivery period is 1 year upon receipt of the full payment.
Thanks for your kind understanding, and looking forward to your strong and positive response.

Best regards
taku

Second Letter:

Dear Sir,
Pleased to inform you that i Just came from the CONTRACT AWARDING COMMITTEE and they have approved your price and given me the requirements for the contract enrollment , please read carefully and make available the below listed items so that we can enroll for this contract.

1)Your proforma invoice covering the total order of ...

The proforma invoice which must be prepared with the below name

Attn: The Duputy General - Director
Islamic Programme for Human Assistance (IPHA)
Ave. Douala Manga Bell
B.P 528, Douala-Littoral
Cameroon

2)Copy certificate of registration of incorporation of
your company in your country.
3)Back up letter confirming your possibility of
delivery with stipulated time upon receipt of your 100%
payment
4)A letter on introduction of your company addressed
to the chairman of the CONTRACT AWARDING COMMITTEE
5) Full banking Details
6) some samples for quality inspection

The document and samples must be sent to the below address

Attention: Mr. NOUTCHA BAUDALAIRE
Rue 32 De Bona Priso Avenue
Douala Cameroun
Tel 00 237 78 54 55 23

please prepare these documents as quickly as possible and send via courier. while i make arrangements here with the officials of the committee to make sure once they get the documents they will treat it with special favor. give me the courier infos once you send them

awaiting your quick response
Best Regards
Taku

It may help...

Old 4 September 2012, 07:42
Mkholood2in
Participant

My little advice is to ignore those scammers totally & don't send them any fether det
My little advice which i can sent to you;is to ignore those scams totally without sending them any further details.
this is not my own assumption .
Chick the tel.no provided;it's a cell no.Then take in mind the free e.mail a dress. And above all mentioned you're dealing with a Cameroonian scam.
For further & full understanding of the whole subject;review my full story with
Cam Agro Max ltd & glopalmaritimelogistic in Cameroon.

Old 4 September 2012, 10:02

poirot
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crivetta
I received two emails from Mr. Tzaku Agbor with email address takumarc@yahoo.com, I think it's a scam:

Attn: The Duputy General - Director
Islamic Programme for Human Assistance (IPHA)
Ave. Douala Manga Bell
B.P 528, Douala-Littoral
Cameroon
CONTRACT AWARDING COMMITTEE
Attention: Mr. NOUTCHA BAUDALAIRE
Rue 32 De Bona Priso Avenue
Douala Cameroun
Tel 00 237 78 54 55 23 / 23778545523

Just another fraud from Cameroon. Here's their fake website setup a few days ago with content copy&pasted from other sites...
http://islamicpha.org Dead
Quote:
Islamic Programme for Human Assistance (IPHA) (FAKE / FRAUD)
HeadQuater
Ave. Douala Manga Bell
B.P 528, Douala-Littoral,
Cameroon.
Email: ipha@islamicpa.org, islamicpha@hotmail.com / ipha@islamicpha.org
Url: www.islamicpha.org Dead
Togo Branch
IPHA Building Complex
Face - Pharmacie Lafia, Kara,
Bakpessi - Kara 0.21 km.
Eglise Evangélique -
Avenue du 23 Septembre 0.21 km .
Kara Togo.
Email: ipha.tg@islamicpha.org
Domain Name:ISLAMICPHA.ORG
Created On:14-Aug-2012 22:19:18 UTC
Last Updated On:16-Aug-2012 08:26:18 UTC
Expiration Date:14-Aug-2013 22:19:18 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: PSI-USA, Inc. dba Domain Robot (R68-LROR)
Registrant ID:ABM-11644111
Registrant Name:Masud Ahmed
Registrant Organization:IPHA Organisation
Registrant Street1:Rue 2.801, Acien Phamancie, Diedo
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City: Douala
Registrant State/Province:CM
Registrant Postal Code:00000
Registrant Country:CM
Registrant Phone:+237.988301
Registrant Email: islamicpha@hotmail.com
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:19 am

1 October 2012, 04:04
Willy_Brandt

Languages: English Français Deutsch
CPDM Bamenda
We received these emails from a Chief Mbanyamsig III. Since it resembles many of the mails I saw abowe, I am convinced it is scam:

1st email:
Attn: Director

Please, permit me introduce myself to you as Chief Mbanyamsig III, Contract Award committee Board Chairman and Member of the Governing CPDM Central Bureau - Cameroon.

We need mobile stone crushers in cameroon.

The duration of the contract is 36 months (Thirty Six Months) from the date of acceptance.

Let me know if your company can handle the supply and Please, advise your best possible price per crusher with their capacities.

Regards,
Chief Mbanyamsig III
The CPDM Building
B.P 1114 Bamenda, N/W Region,
Rep of Cameroon ,

And a second email (some parts deleted):

Permit me introduce myself once more; I am Chief Mbanyamsig III, Member of the Governing CPDM Central Bureau - Cameroon and Board Chairman of the ongoing CPDM Contract Award committee.
The contract award committee had a meeting as planned and with results of the meeting, I decide to personally make the following mail to you.

This is a contract to supply 12 stone crushers in different regions of the republic of Cameroon.

This contract is sponsored by The Cameroon People's Democratic
Movement (C.P.D.M), the ruling party in Cameroon.

THE CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT ARE AS FOLLOWS;

As you must know there are compliance rules and regulations that govern every tender or contract award and this one is no exception so you should be aware of them before we step any further. This is an insight on how this is supposed to evolve;

Pre-Qualification: This tender is open to local companies as well as international companies that exhibit a local business presence through the intermediary of locally registered offices/branches in Cameroon. I have ruled out the possibility of you using an already existing establishment in Cameroon to serve as your local representative for security and confidentiality reasons. The only way to show proof of your local business presence in Cameroon will be to register your company in Cameroon in accordance with the country's business registration laws that is to register in Cameroon under OHADA Uniform Act.

Duration: 36 months from the date the contract is signed.

An attestation of 10% from a bank as a guarantee is also required as part of the condition but I will personally take care of that.

If this offer is OK with you, register your company under OHADA Uniform Act for you to be able to qualify for the tender and I will award you the contract.

I would like to know If you will be interested to work according to my proposal?

Please understand that our present communications are unofficial and for the moment must be kept confidential because this project has not yet been publicly released. It will be officially submitted as a tender for public bidding on October 24 2012. It is true that my position as the Chairman of the tender board endows me with enough powers to affect the choice of the final candidate, so I can easily swing the award of the contract to any company that I deem capable but you must bear in mind that any public knowledge on our communications will not be good.
Questions might be raised on the decision to award the contract to you if it is known that I have been in contact with you for reasons of personal benefits and my public image and administrative ambitions as well will suffer serious setbacks. Do let me know if there's anything that you don't understand.

I want you to know that as soon as the award is granted to your company, You will automatically be notified and invited by the board for official signing.

We will discuss further base on your response. Your prompt response
will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Chief Mbanyamsig III
The CPDM Congress Hall
Rep. of Cameroon ,
TEL: 00237 91513996

Old 1 October 2012, 04:27

poirot
Support

Chief Mbanyamsig III
The CPDM Congress Hall
Rep. of Cameroon ,
TEL: 00237 91513996

Yes just another scam. From my experience, there are no legitimate offers from Cameroon on the Internet, it's that simple.

Simply googling the phone number shows the various fake names used by this scammer and the product he's offering like edible oil, which Cameroon does not export... https://www.google.com/search?q=%22237+91513996%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

International Trading And Business
Nkosi Mark Sales Manager
Cameroon[Member Since: September 15, 2012]
Vegetable oil: Palm Oil, Palm kernel oil, Soybean oil, Rapeseed oil, Sunflower seed oil
Cottonseed oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil
22+ carats gold dust/alluvial gold,
Address:
Mvog-Mbi, Yaounde, Centre, Cameroon
Telephone : 237-91-513996 / 0023791513996
Fax : 237-33-117104 / 23733117104 / 0023733117104
Mobile : 237-91513996 / 23791513996

HillBilly
Supreme survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Scam archive.