Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

My Story - Success

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

My Story - Success

Unread postby Ben309 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 am

Hey all,

We are all here but not out of choice I assume :o

I was scammed in early November 2015.

At the time I was a 25 year old single male from the UK and I was off work with depression and felt a bit lonely one Friday night so I logged on to the website 'Chat Roulette'. I was talking away to a few different girls and then all of a sudden I wa speaking to a 'girl' of 23 from the Philippines, who claimed to be a waitress.. She seemed pretty keen asking a lot of different personal question then she said she asked for my FB. The scammer then went on to their web cam for approx 30 seconds, at this point I hadn't suspected a thing. So we then moved on to Skype, then the scammer asked if I wanted to play a game. I then realised the 'girl' on the camera was white, which was unusual for a Filipino girl. The scammer then replied with 'I'm of Italian descent'. I had my doubts but let my desires take over my head.

So as a lonely, silly male I agreed to this game and I had to copy the girl on the camera, so I was there revealing all my glory with my face showing :oops: . I had never done anything like that before! Then all of a sudden the scammer hung up and played me back a video of myself, I have never been so shocked in my life. And next a list of my FB friends came up (work mates, family, friends etc), and they said all of them would see this video. And they then demanded £300 via Western Union for their 'sisters school fees' and I agreed a £150 to 'delete' the footage. Fortunately my bank had blocked the transaction. :lol: . I had stupidly gave me them my phone number, I was recieving messages through that saying '12 hours, don't do anything stupid otherwise all will see what you do'.

I was up worried all night and didn't feel like I could tell anybody. Anyways the morning arrived and a few friends text me saying why have I got a new FB account? The scammer had only gone and made a fake FB profile in my name and started adding all my friends they could find. At this point they kept harrassing me with FB messages saying things like 'I will send to all now you have messed me about, you will be shocked and regret'.

Then luckily, I had found this website via Google. And I spoke to Wayne and the team and followed all the steps. De activated FB, blocked all contact from them. No video has ever been sent to any of my family and friends. Now I have told everybody I know about the incident and laughed it off as a personal life experience. Now I am the happiest I have been in life and I have a new girlfriend, who is the most amazing person I have ever met. I have told her the full story, so now this scum of the earth has absolutely nothing over me. I feel absolutely great!

So the moral of the story for anybody been fooled by these bottom of the pond low lives then always follow professional advice off here, and you will be fine. You are better than them and always will be, we are all human and make stupid mistakes and just remember that! The scammers just call your bluff. And do not pay them a penny.

I can only hope this scammer is now locked in a Filipino cell getting absolutely tortured or do to themselves what they told me to do (too graphic to post here, but all I can say is it involves a rope!). I'm on top of the world and thanks to this ****** I am now a wiser person :lol:

Thanks all!
Ben309
New survivor

Re: My Story - Success

Unread postby jakeblackman1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:12 am

Ben,
Great to hear of your positive results. It's encouraging to know that there is life after scam. I am about 11 days into my scam and am still super nervous. There has been no communication from them and I followed all the steps. I hope to one day have the same story as you.
jakeblackman1
New survivor

Unread postby WhatAHeadache » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Hey Ben,

Literally, this is what happened to me. Single guy , just being human after hitting the gym hard (at least I'm in shape :D :D :D ), I was on OK Cupid chatting and had a little conversation. Started off as a joke, I don't really take people seriously on OKC, but then she asked for my phone (idiotically gave it), then she wanted to move to Skype...I HAD a bit of a cam2cam kink until last night (or unless I know them in person...for years). Anyway, goofing off showed my face and waved, then "show @#$%", sure why not. Click, video, "OH FUUUU~~~". I didn't mention, but I gave my FB URL beforehand in the conversation, so it was followed up with names and "I won't if..."

Anyway, I actually had no idea this resource existed, but the websites "she" recommended were privy to this type of activity. I sent some transactions out of pure fear (literally paralysis temporarily) but all transactions were rejected...and being returned to my bank account...just in time for rent...

So, after reading a bunch during the course of the night, I ceased contact even with the threats, it's all bologna and a wasted bargaining piece if they post or share anything. I have all the contacts including the spoofs pretending to be people I know...I think they thought they were up-playing the "it there now" trying to make me think it was a person I knew with my Area code....usually helps if the contact is saved...so, I just ignored the message, and blocked/spammed all texts and calls.

It's been about 16 hours and I feel way better than last night, but it'll take a bit of time to get over it all.

Though, I took it one step further (before I discovered this site) and reported it to the Philippines Government Cyber-Crime department...I was amazed how seriously they took the information and immediately escalated it: IP, provided mailing addresses, physical location of IP, ISP of the IP address, etc. I wonder if I should send the same information to Interpol.

I have to wonder, maybe this was the same person because you said they said it was "for my sister school...you're doing a good thing".
WhatAHeadache
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:08 pm

maybe this was the same person

Nope. Highly unlikely. This excuse and many more are typical Philippino excuses to try and get you to feel sorry for them and send the money, when threats don't work first.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com