Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Boyd Rogers

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Boyd Rogers

Unread postby firefly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Split from viewtopic.php?f=17&t=50110, where the same scammer details are reported for being used with a fake site impersonating a Petroleum Oil Gas company located in Malaysia and used in romance scams.

Phone number used in scam: +447729090635
Email address: bowergerhard12@hotmail.com

Posted on the behalf of the victim.

The victim was contacted on Facebook by someone pretending to be Andrew Smith, from San Diego, living in London and working in the oil industry.

The fake profile was using stolen pictures of Boyd Rogers (starnow.com):

andrew.jpg
andrew.jpg (6.1 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

Emails received:

Hello dear xxx, how are you doing? I hope that everything is fine with you, thank you very much for the time to reply to me, I am Smith Andrew From South San Diego, California USA presently live and work here in London as offshore drilling contractor, I like your picture and would love to know you better maybe someday we can meet in person, Hope you don't mind to communicate further with me? please tell me more about yourself, I am waiting for your response.

Hello dear xxx,....Thank you very much for your response, i appreciate the time to read and reply to me, i understand when you write, please try your best to keep in touch with me, well I want to tell you more about myself; I am a widowed, my late wife passed away since 2012. she left me with a hansom, son, name is David , I work in BP company as a drilling contractor, I am 78 kg weight and 5.9 ft tall. I spend most of my time at work. I like kids and I built an Orphanage home for the less privileged kids that can contains at least 300 kids with basic amenities. I like your profile and would love to know you better maybe someday we can meet face to face, Please tell me more about yourself, and what you do for a living. your hubby and all you want me to know about yourself, I have to stop here for now and looking forward to read from you soon. Yours Sincerely Smith Andrew.

Hello Dear xxx, I hope that everything is fine with you? Thank you so much for the time to write to me, I really appreciate so much, I hope you can take vacation someday to visit me here in England, I have been living here in England for 20 years although I always travel back to my country when I free time, Here is more about me, I am the only child of my parent, We are Christian but i don't criticize any religion because I know that it all hold a similar teaching which makes us a better person in life. My father and my mother died when i was 26 in cancer, My wife died in a car accident since 2012, I only have my loving son who keep me going. i see you as someone who is responsible and has a great sense of humor. my hubby is basket ball, playing walking at sea side, swimming, listening to the wave sound Can you tell me what you find so interesting from a man? and all you want me to know about yourself? I hope to hear from you Yours Sincerely Smith Andrew
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

info@indonesiapetrogas.com

Unread postby firefly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:34 pm

The scammer tried to convince the victim that one company he was working for in Indonesia owe him money and he asked the victim to act on his behalf and contact the company for confirming the money he needs to receive.

Fake document used in scam:

fakedocument.PNG

The company replied:

From info@indonesiapetrogas.com

Dear xxx

We received your information from your husband Engr. Andrew Smith from United Kingdom regarding his contract balance cheque payment of $950,000.00 USD, that still in our custody here in Indonesia. We the Board Authority wishes to inform you that after we've checked his profile in our system we find out that he will still pay $48,820 USD to the Indonesia Tax Authority (ITA) for clearance before we could send the cheque to you over there in your country as he requested.

Follow up the instructions as given below to view contract details of Engr. Andre Smith with us in our company website there you will understand more better.

Step 1. Click on our company's Website: indonesiapetrogas.com/
Step 2. After the site open, click on client Area/login.
Step 3. Enter the password as given below..
Step4 click enter/login and you will see payable Tax with red blinking
Password: xxx

After you have viewed the information, you will understand that the total VAT payment is $950,000.00 USD and he has
already paid the sum of $48,820.00 USD at the initial and the balance remains $820:00 USD We are waiting for
your response so that we will provide you with the information where you can send the remaining VAT payment of
$820:00 USD for clearance so that we will proceed to send the cheque to you
over there in xxx

With Regards,

What the victim saw while log in on the site:

login1.PNG

login2.PNG

login3.PNG
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.